Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-14-2014, 01:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What accessories do you have on your enclosed trailer?

I was wondering what people have on their enclosed trailers as far as Utility lights, charging systems, beacons, compressors, etc.

I'm going to add a deep cycle battery (w/ charge regulator) so I can keep my interior lights on when I turn the truck off and to run some of the other things I'm going to add on. I also have an older unused solar panel that I thought about putting on the roof to keep things charged.

Here's the list:
Utility lights off the back and right hand side for those fall nights when it gets dark early.
12v accessory plug (cig lighter style) for my portable air compressor.
Power inverter so I can charge cordless tool batteries.
Roof vent fan.
Some of those side vents.

I was thinking about putting in some strobe type lights over the rear ramp to supplement the flashers as well.

I've seen leaf vacs mounted to the front of open trailer tongues; anyone find a way to mount one to a V-nose?

Anything else people recommend as long as I'm doing the work?
Old 06-15-2014, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Member

have you thought about what kinda racks you wanna install? also whats it going to be used for (ie mowing,landscape or ??) and what about sealing the floor and walls?
Old 06-15-2014, 12:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've been using the trailer for 4 years now basically the way I bought it to do my mowing route. I made some shelves to hold my trimmer and gas cans and such that run down one side. The other has my rakes and hedge trimmer.

It was a good setup as far as getting to things but made the trailer a bit narrow. This spring someone broke in and broke my shelves trying to get things out. They finally fell apart completely and now I'm looking to change things around. So I thought I'd put some of the things I've wanted in while rearranging.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Weed wacker rack, clips to hold leaf racks, hangers to hold shovels, leaf blower hangers, a shelf in the front of the trailer to hold misc tools, straps, hedge trimmers. Good idea with the roof fans that would help a ton in the heat.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:53 AM
LawnSite Member

OP how far did you get on this project? I would Le to have these things done but I have no idea where to start. Do trailer shops do these installs?