Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-13-2011, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Stihl KM130R Kombi shaft issues

Hey guys,
I have a 2 year old Km130R with a trimmer, an edger, hedge trimmer, and a blower attachment. I also have two older Km110Rs. Recently, I have had trouble with the blower attachment hooking into the Km130R. I seats fine into the coupler but the blower blade makes this grinding noise. Blower works fine on the two other Km110Rs. Now the Km130 makes everything I put into it grind at the end of the shaft but they work fine in the other two kombi heads. I have replaced the coupler but it still didn't fix it. Do you guys have any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Don't take this the wrong way, but I buy Stihl because the dealer support is outstanding. If you've already replaced a coupler, I'd talk to the dealer and see what they say.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Member

The grinding noise means it is not connected fully in the shaft. Pull off the lil plastic cap at the entrance of the shaft, pull the rod out, there'll be to metal loops that you might need to bend out just a hair because the rod from the blower shaft isn't connecting correctly thru the metal loops.

I've encountered the grinding prob before. Don't be rough jamming the blower into the shaft. I kind of think this Stihl blower problem, is a defective issue that stihl needs to address, as none of my other Kombi attachments, have this problem.

Last edited by FLAhaulboy; 07-14-2011 at 12:25 AM.