Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-12-2012, 11:13 PM
meets1's Avatar
meets1 meets1 is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NW, Iowa
Posts: 3,620
550ford how much?

Neighbor company has a ford 550 flatbed thinking of selling. They would take off flatbed and I would want a dump installed. 100k miles. 2010 4x4 diesel. They travel a lot hauling rebuilt equipment that's why the miles being only two years old. Truck is show floor quality. What's the thing worth? Internet is all over the place on truck values so thought I would ask here. White in color. Regular cab.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-13-2012, 07:02 AM
BrandonV's Avatar
BrandonV BrandonV is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Asheboro, NC
Posts: 3,630
35-40
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-13-2012, 07:05 AM
Marek Marek is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,285
mid to high twenties . you can buy the same chassis new 2012 for low 40s
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:25 AM
TruSomethingOrOther TruSomethingOrOther is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rockford Metro, IL
Posts: 172
Paid 36k for my 2008 F450 lariat dually. Has the 19.5 tires, class 5 hitch, fully loaded. Four door. It had 64k miles on it at purchase. If I'm not mistaken, that flatbed should have the 6.4 powerstroke along with the 19.5 tires. If it's diesel, wouldn't pay more than 28 or 30.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:28 AM
TruSomethingOrOther TruSomethingOrOther is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rockford Metro, IL
Posts: 172
Just beware of the tires if they are close to being replaced (19.5's). Rubber is not cheap! For two front tires I'm looking at 950 with front end realignment.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-13-2012, 11:23 PM
stuvecorp's Avatar
stuvecorp stuvecorp is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: lake wissota, wi
Posts: 5,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by meets1 View Post
Neighbor company has a ford 550 flatbed thinking of selling. They would take off flatbed and I would want a dump installed. 100k miles. 2010 4x4 diesel. They travel a lot hauling rebuilt equipment that's why the miles being only two years old. Truck is show floor quality. What's the thing worth? Internet is all over the place on truck values so thought I would ask here. White in color. Regular cab.
30? Maybe less if it doesn't have XLT type options. I seem to over value the 550 type trucks, everyone mocks me on what I'm asking for mine so I don't know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruSomethingOrOther View Post
Just beware of the tires if they are close to being replaced (19.5's). Rubber is not cheap! For two front tires I'm looking at 950 with front end realignment.
Wow, I got two new front tires for my 550 and I don't think I spent any where close to that? Going to check that to be sure...
__________________
Do or do not. There is no try. yoda
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-13-2012, 11:26 PM
alldayrj's Avatar
alldayrj alldayrj is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long island, NY
Posts: 2,907
Seems high. Tires for my s1900(22.5 rims) are 350 each
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-13-2012, 11:31 PM
stuvecorp's Avatar
stuvecorp stuvecorp is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: lake wissota, wi
Posts: 5,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruSomethingOrOther View Post
Just beware of the tires if they are close to being replaced (19.5's). Rubber is not cheap! For two front tires I'm looking at 950 with front end realignment.
Was that with the front end work?

I paid $230 per tire(plus taxof course) and that included mounting and balancing. They were Cooper, an aggressive highway tread. They have been great so far.
__________________
Do or do not. There is no try. yoda
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-14-2012, 02:35 PM
jrs.landscaping's Avatar
jrs.landscaping jrs.landscaping is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
Was that with the front end work?

I paid $230 per tire(plus taxof course) and that included mounting and balancing. They were Cooper, an aggressive highway tread. They have been great so far.
I paid about the same on the tires. I'd agree with the others at around 28k on the truck.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:18 PM.

Page generated in 0.06818 seconds with 9 queries