Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-13-2015, 05:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My BOP WB mowers have far less sink effect than my Timemaster on wet soggy turf due to high floatation tires. Throttling down your bigger WB will help greatly in making less mess.

I do agree the Timemaster is very versatile in many situations.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-13-2015, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki guy View Post
Oh, I see.

It is pretty rainy here too this year, but I can still drive my Scag belt drive 36" WB mower around, even where it is wet.

You must be having more rain then I am then.
Yeah, I joked in the Western PA thread that I had mounted an outboard marine motor to my mower so I could keep going.
It's been raining almost daily - really, it's BAD. In the five years I've been doing this last week was the first time I didn't even want to go to work. My morale was in the crapper with a growing list of things that need done and no way to get to them.

Getting my TimeMaster back in action quickly (and at no charge) certainly lifted my spirits! Then it rained again. LOL!

I lucked out and got my last job done before it stormed this evening again. I headed home but had to stop and sit in a parking lot for about a half an hour waiting for the rain to slow down a little. As hard as it was coming down I would have been unable to back the trailer into my tight driveway - couldn't see anything in the mirrors.

More rain tomorrow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
My BOP WB mowers have far less sink effect than my Timemaster on wet soggy turf due to high floatation tires. Throttling down your bigger WB will help greatly in making less mess.

I do agree the Timemaster is very versatile in many situations.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, I have one lawn with drainage issues and I forgot about it and ran the walk behind into that section. It sank a bit as I backed it out, then I tried it with the TimeMaster and sunk again - the narrow tired sink quick with that heavy mower.

You mentioned the throttle thing before to me and I tried it with limited success. Today's lawn was just a no-go because it was tall, weedy, and now wet. Too many strikes against a successful mulch cut.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post

You mentioned the throttle thing before to me and I tried it with limited success. Today's lawn was just a no-go because it was tall, weedy, and now wet. Too many strikes against a successful mulch cut.
There is some technique to making less mess with a bigger WB. When using my bigger BOP Dually mowers I typically double cut. 1st pass is at reduced rpm but at max allowed forward speed. 2nd pass is at full throttle. This would be crazy slow boat with a BOP single hydro.

That is the really strong card in favor of the Toro 30 is a decent looking cut in just one pass since clippings are not over processed. In most cases the 2nd pass with the Timemaster doesn't yield enough gain to warrant the extra effort or time. However the 2nd pass with the BOP mower will slay the Toro 30 in manicured appearance.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-14-2015, 06:09 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I've had so many repairs on my Timemaster the dealer is implementing a rewards program. I wish.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:27 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjessen View Post
I've had so many repairs on my Timemaster the dealer is implementing a rewards program. I wish.
When I dropped mine off I didn't even need to tell her my name.
Dunno if it's just because I'm so handsome and unforgettable, or what?

LOL!
Old 07-25-2015, 01:21 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I just realized that I've put more hours on this 30" mower in 14 months than I have on my Ferris in 3 years and 4 months!

Mower hours as of July 24, 2015

Toro TimeMaster 30" (Purchased May, 2014) 220 Hours

Toro Super Recycler (SR4) 21" (Purchased July 2012) 451 Hours

Ferris dual hydro 36" walk behind (Purchased March 2012) 216 Hours

*I ran a 21" Toro Super Recycler EXCLUSIVELY as my only mower starting 2009/2010.
In July 2012 I purchased the second SR4 so that I could use the original as a backup.
I didn't have an hour meter on the first 21" so I have no idea how many hours that one has on it.

Last edited by OakNut; 07-25-2015 at 01:26 AM.