Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-07-2012, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xclusive View Post
Kajun I know you already nixed this, but I totally agree with him. Maybe its a Jersey thing. Hahaha. I thought about creating a company name with a "z" at the end instead of an "s", but after thinking about it for a while and getting opinions from other people I decided against.

As far as the logo goes #2 is def better. What program are you using to create the logo?
I agree with these guys too, but maybe it is accepted locally.
It just seems hard for somebody to remember the proper spelling of the names when they go to look you up on google or whatever. Or if somebody refers you and they say call Krayz Kajun, but they would hear call Crazy Cajun. which has 40% wrong letters, but like I said it may not even be an issue.

On a different note, would you be selling sandbags all year for people to stockpile, or is it only a mad rush when a storm is brewing?
Old 12-07-2012, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I guess it is a local thing. If you say call krayz kajun down here most people know your talking about me. Ive had the nick name since i was in middle school. Ive got lawn customers whom ive had for 7+ years that dont know my real name. They call me krayz kajun or just kajun. Plan is to provide sandbags and flood/erosion work year round for govt/municipalities also sell pre-palletized orders of bags to residential and commercial/govt customers. And be able to respond in a 24hr notice for natural disasters.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-09-2012, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I tweeked #2 a lil bit more in each of these three versions.
i changed the slogan to "your future", so which one yall like best A,B or C
Attached Images

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 12-09-2012, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I like # two. What about saying "Helping Protect Your Future From Washing Away"
Old 12-09-2012, 02:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xclusive View Post
Kajun I know you already nixed this, but I totally agree with him. Maybe its a Jersey thing. Hahaha. I thought about creating a company name with a "z" at the end instead of an "s", but after thinking about it for a while and getting opinions from other people I decided against.

As far as the logo goes #2 is def better. What program are you using to create the logo?

Maybe it is a Jersey thing cause I agree with you guys. I do like the logo though
Old 12-09-2012, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It must be something about yall up north.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-10-2012, 04:17 AM
LawnSite Member

#1 looks unfinished with the wavy text, #3:- the text is over powered by the coloured shape, #2 still looking good, easily read and graphicly balanced. Good luck with your new venture.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Since its hard to really get a good idea of how the logo looks just on paper, im stopped by my shirt deaigner and are having two polos made with logo #2 on them to see how i like it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-10-2012, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Few thoughts,
The original #1 is more memorable, but the words up the side of the triangle kill it.
original #2 look the most professional but very mundane and forgettable.

The words below in the revisions make things overly complicated without really saying much.
While the tense is correct in the saying, it just sounds wrong. By using the words "from" and "future" in a present tense phrase it confuses the reader.

Lastly, a name never has to be set in stone, file for a simple DBA with your state, $10 onetime charge + $35 with local paper to publish it. The z kills the professional image of the logo.

Anyway good luck