Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-17-2013, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by law-n-forcement View Post
I never thought about using them for islands in parking lots, etc. I always see alot of the larger companies in my area with them on their trailers and always wondered why they had them in addition to all of the commercial grade mowers too. I guess I have only ever associated them with being used in small yards with small gates but now that you mention the islands it makes sense. Thanks for the reply
Posted via Mobile Device
No problem. That's all I use mine for and to cut our front yard. We have AERA-vated the yard many times and it is very soft. Anything over a push mower would rut in dry conditions.

Sorry, not trying to rob the thread
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-17-2013, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

2 z-mowers and 1 walkbehind, the walkbehind for the smaller properties, the z-mowers for the fields, then a push mower for the pool areas.
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 10-17-2013, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Great set ups and nice pics of the equipment , thank you all for sharing your info I think with all the old fashion people we will never be able to do away with the horrid push mower some people just require you to use one when you could actually mow it with a 52" walk behind and be done in a couple seconds Anyhow thanks for the responses and keep the info coming.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THORNTON SERVICES LLC View Post
Great set ups and nice pics of the equipment , thank you all for sharing your info I think with all the old fashion people we will never be able to do away with the horrid push mower some people just require you to use one when you could actually mow it with a 52" walk behind and be done in a couple seconds Anyhow thanks for the responses and keep the info coming.
if you have an area that you can mow with a 52" in 30 second or so. I can promise it will look better when done with a push mower in a couple minutes.

my number 1 reason for carrying a push mower. is for the beach properties I mow I can pick the 21" up off the trailer without having to even drop the gate. mow for 5-7 min and put it back on the trailer. and be on my way. vs. pulling 3 mowers off the trailer then having to put them back on and strap them down.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

We currently run a 36 walk behind with a sulky and a 61 zero turn. Our properties range from 10,000 square feet to over 8 acres. A second ztr would be nice on the 8 acre one, but we make do.
Husqvarna 223L Trimmer
Husqvarna 326LS Trimmer
Husqvarna 580BTS Blower
Husqvarna BT150 Blower
Kawasaki KHDS600 Hedge Trimmer
Toro Multi-Tool
RedMax BM46i Backpack Sprayer
Carry On 5.5 x 10 Open Trailer
2004 Toyota Tacoma

The next time someone complains about your pricing, ask them how much their barber would charge to come over and cut their hair.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Member

My biggest concern with the "perfect rig setup" was accessibility to all mowers equally. If the 36 is in the nose then I have to get the 52 out to get it. Time wasted. So when I set up my rig I got a 16' enclosed with a 4' side door. I built a ramp for the side door for the 36 to come out. I only open the back ramp to pull the 52 out. I mow .25 to 1.5 acre yards. I have 2 yards that I cannot use anything but a 21" on because of a nasty steep short hill on the front of the properties. (You know the ones in old towns.) They are small enough to just finish the rest off with the 21 because of time wasted replacing with the 36 mid mow so to speak. All my mowers are walk behinds, that is what I prefer. I don't like the extra weight of me on the machine rutting the turf. -Jason
Old 10-20-2013, 01:17 AM
LawnSite Member

accessibility to all mowers equally is something to think about I agree , very annoying when you have a 18ft trailer with a 52 walk in the front and a push mower then a 72 Z and a 60 Z and you need the push or the walk behind and have to pull 2 z's off to get to it. I currently run 3 different set ups through out the week and its annoying , the above set up when I have help and for larger property's , a 10ft with push mowers and 52 walk behind for small prop and hard to reach locations dead end streets etc (this set up is ran 1 day a week) and then a 14ft trailer with 52 walk behind and a push mower and a 72 z on it when I am by myself on most accounts, still annoying when you need the machine in front and sucks to change up equipment throughout the week to , what has everyone else done to eliminate some of this hassle any ideas???
Old 10-20-2013, 08:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Let me see. Definitely a dual gate/side gate trailer. A stand on - 48" or 52", 36" walk behind with sulky for gated yards and a 52" ZTR at the shop for the big jobs to assist the stand on. Pretty much the 36 would be on the front of the trailer most of the time. Ultimate fantasy for me would be a Hindo or Isuzu truck with the trailer on the frame... THAT... WOULD... BE... A-W-E-S-O-M-E...
48" TTHP
2 44" Toro WB's
Shindaiwa weed eaters
Stihl Backpack Blowers
Stihl and Husqvarna Chainsaws