Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld View Post
There are lots of people where I am that will not pay what I charge. They do not get the level of service, quality, dependability that I provide.

This will be my seventh winter doing snow. The first year did not get much work and I charged $40 to $60. I had no idea what the work was going for. Until I found out that a Solo sprinkler guy was getting $65 to $90 a driveway and he was only using a shovel.

You know your costs, so charge what you need to make it worth your time. Where I live snow is hit and miss enough for residential customers to not want to pay a seasonal rate when doing residential work. They will take there chances that snow will be light and not need help. So they prefer paying per event.

Maybe that will work for where you live.
Residential snow is not worth it here IMO and experience unless it is locked down on seasonal flat rate.

Only way snow is worth doing flat rate is many accounts all in the same general area...up and down the same cluster of streets. Traffic corridors that are clogged or slowed down due to heavy snow and/or snow covered intersections have to be avoided during heavy traffic times.

The most one can get for seasonal flat rate is $300. Another cmpetitior was doing retirement driveways for $195.

In comparison my area is loaded down with $24.99 now and trims up to 1/4 acre. It's an uphill battle to get $35/$40.

When I started mowing 5 years ago the word was $35 minimum for mowing. I had to drop that for work. Every bigger lawn I had at $45 I was quickly dropped.

I have established myself in the market but I'm always looking for greener grass.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Exact Rototilling; Yesterday at 09:14 PM.