Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old Today, 09:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rklawn View Post
I was thinking of bumping mine up a bit on my own also but dont want to burn the motor up prematurely. I would love to hear from a Briggs hot rodder and see where their thoughts on what this thing can run at without wearing it out.
That's part of the reason I switched to full-synthetic. If it adds power, that's great. But, I want the protection. When the thing is running with no load, I know that's the worst situation for it. That's when RPMs are at their highest, bearing speeds are up, and things come apart. We've got garden tractor pullers and go-cart racers scattered around here. I need to stumble onto one of them.

Quote:
Pulling the baffles out worked for you? I may try that as well.
Mine is a '13, so it had no baffles to start with. I added the eXmark mulch baffle and, then, did some cutting on it. It was blowing puffs of grass, when side-discharging. I need to cut on it some more and see if I can clear up that issue. I think it just suspends too many clippings. When they get too heavy they drop and that results in a clump being spit out. I simply haven't taken the time to mess with it, again. I'd, also, like to try the flow control baffle the new are shipping with.

Quote:
Just got a little disappointed when I got to some overgrowth at one of my customers and I had to take a step stop, take a step stop, then went and got the beater Columbia out and it just plowed right through it. I bought that Columbia in an emergency threw it in the back of the truck to finish out my day. Never expected it to last more then a year with heavy use and am on year 2 with it with ZERO issues. Only paid $150 new for it and have to drag it out to save the Timemaster when the going gets tough?
You were having to stop, while side-discharging?

I know what you what mean with the cheap/leftover mowers. I'd put my Lawn Boy up to any residential, push mower in tall grass. I've got it turned WAY up, running 100 octane and Klotz 50:1 full-synthetic, and the thing eats. It's the best slope mower I've seen; it's like a billy goat. But, QOC and mulching are not it's strong points. I only use it on the shorelines of lake properties. The TimeMaster does everything it can to drag me into the water, at those places.

'13 Hustler X-ONE, 60", Kohler ECV749 EFI
'05 Hustler FasTrak, 42", Honda GXV530
'13 Toro Timemaster 30"
'02 Lawn Boy SilverPro 21"
Stihl BR600 blower
Stihl BG55 blower
Stihl KM55R trimmer
Stihl KM55R Kombi system
Stihl MS180C chain saw
Stihl HS45 hedge trimmer
RedMax Reciprocator
Echo SRM225 trimmer