Register free!

Old 03-01-2014, 08:31 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

The terminology you used in your opening post led us to believe you are not knowledgeable/licensed. If you are, my mistake. Just trying to help. Just for the sake of it do you mind giving your company name so we could verify with the state you are licensed?

Here's a true story. There was a lady whose lawn I mowed who needed weed control. At the time I was not knowledgeable or licensed so I declined to treat it. She talked my helper into doing it. He literally killed the whole lawn.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinestBladeLawns View Post
RigglePLC & ArTurf, since you are so concerned, no I am not licensed. There you go. I have been working in lawn care for years, and recently started on my own. I have the experience applying chemicals, but simply grabbed the wrong one.
It was a RoundUp product, which I typically don't use on clients' lawns, but they called and wanted it done that day. Being one of my best clients, I was available to help them and I offered them either the RoundUp that I had on hand or I could run and get some higher quality stuff. They wanted it done ASAP for some reason, so they went with the RoundUp.
I did not overspray. I know that for a fact. The weeds were not very bad, so if anything I under-sprayed.
As for everyone who provided a solution (you two included) I do appreciate it. I will probably start with Riggle's sod test and then try some regular seed. Gardiner if that worked well for you, hopefully that will work for me.
Higher quality stuff?

What do you mean by this?

Early in the post you say you grabbed the wrong one, and then offered them the roundup.
If you knew you had the roundup, and you have the experience you say, Why in the heck would you spray it on turf to kill weeds? Especially if you are experienced and know what roundup kills.
If you reed the label it states when you can reseed.

Terry