Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #261  
Old 01-10-2015, 11:27 AM
Arena landscaping's Avatar
Arena landscaping Arena landscaping is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: wayne
Posts: 364
Some very big news for the new year. I ended up becoming an LLC, and changing my company name which was a huge deal for me . It is now Arena Tree & Landscape Specialists LLC. It made sense for me financially due to the single taxation, and the fact that god forbid something goes wrong and the insurance can't cover it someone can't go after mine or my family's wealth. As you can bet it is extremely exciting to be an official company. It really means allot to me and it makes me so thankful I couldn't do any of this with out the help of my parents who have introduced me to many great people. 2014 was a great year, I increased my repeat client base by 4x, not to mention that I was able to hire a part time crew. (all high school students.) Im finally getting to run the business the way I want to. I hope that every had as successful year as I did and I wish everyone the best 2015.
__________________
Wayne Pa
14 years old
lots of equipment
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 01-10-2015, 01:43 PM
JLC Lawn Care JLC Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cincinnati OH
Posts: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena landscaping View Post
Some very big news for the new year. I ended up becoming an LLC, and changing my company name which was a huge deal for me . It is now Arena Tree & Landscape Specialists LLC. It made sense for me financially due to the single taxation, and the fact that god forbid something goes wrong and the insurance can't cover it someone can't go after mine or my family's wealth. As you can bet it is extremely exciting to be an official company. It really means allot to me and it makes me so thankful I couldn't do any of this with out the help of my parents who have introduced me to many great people. 2014 was a great year, I increased my repeat client base by 4x, not to mention that I was able to hire a part time crew. (all high school students.) Im finally getting to run the business the way I want to. I hope that every had as successful year as I did and I wish everyone the best 2015.
Congratulations on having enough work to become a real company! I did the same with my lawn company last week. It's a great step in the right direction and really gives you peace of mind.
Not to mention all of the doors it opens up with commercial work.
Best wishes and good luck next season.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 01-10-2015, 06:14 PM
cutshortlandscaping cutshortlandscaping is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Northern Westchester, New York
Posts: 470
where did you get the training for the tree work
__________________
1 Scag tiger cub 61" velocity+
1 Scag 52" swzt
Echo handhelds slowly switching to Redmax
2 Little Wonder blowers
1 7x12 carry-on trailer with Green Touch racks
1 09 Chevy 2500hd fisher plow and sander

18 Years old

Volunteer Fire Fighter at South Salem Fire Department

If Ted Cruz gets elected his Inaugural speech will be "Sam I Am"
work/ equipment thread
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...=1#post5119841

youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/thedjdardar
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 01-11-2015, 08:23 AM
Arena landscaping's Avatar
Arena landscaping Arena landscaping is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: wayne
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutshortlandscaping View Post
where did you get the training for the tree work
For the safety aspect of it I learned that through various programs from the ISA. As for the work side of it, and plant i.d. and pruning techniques and how to do removals and using cranes for tree work I took a course from University of Penn at Morris Arboretum.
__________________
Wayne Pa
14 years old
lots of equipment
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 07-06-2015, 10:52 AM
Arena landscaping's Avatar
Arena landscaping Arena landscaping is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: wayne
Posts: 364
Hey guys, I haven't been on here in a while so heres whats going on. Ive been doing a ton of small work and some bigger jobs too. The first picture is of so storm cleanup I did. A large tulip poplar topped out into my client's pool right in the middle of them re-doing it. I got the call at about 11:30 pm and was out the next morning at 7:30 it was a really interesting day for me. Thats me in the pictures. The next is of a large dead cherry removal I did. Then of a planting job I did last week. 5 green giant arbs and 4 leyland cypresses and a bunch of other small plants. Finally my new truck, its a ford f250 6.2l v8 supercab 8ft bed. Attachment 309902

Attachment 309903

Attachment 309904

Name:  IMG_3749.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  59.0 KB

Name:  IMG_3750.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  95.4 KB

Name:  IMG_3752.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  67.0 KB

Name:  IMG_3758.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  61.5 KB

Name:  IMG_3761.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  61.0 KB

Attachment 309905
__________________
Wayne Pa
14 years old
lots of equipment
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 07-06-2015, 12:14 PM
smitts961 smitts961 is online now
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Southwest PA
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena landscaping View Post
Hey guys, I haven't been on here in a while so heres whats going on. Ive been doing a ton of small work and some bigger jobs too. The first picture is of so storm cleanup I did. A large tulip poplar topped out into my client's pool right in the middle of them re-doing it. I got the call at about 11:30 pm and was out the next morning at 7:30 it was a really interesting day for me. Thats me in the pictures. The next is of a large dead cherry removal I did. Then of a planting job I did last week. 5 green giant arbs and 4 leyland cypresses and a bunch of other small plants. Finally my new truck, its a ford f250 6.2l v8 supercab 8ft bed. Attachment 309902

Attachment 309903

Attachment 309904

Attachment 309906

Attachment 309907

Attachment 309908

Attachment 309909

Attachment 309910

Attachment 309905
Liking the truck man, I've been looking at one for myself. Did you buy it new?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 07-07-2015, 10:33 AM
Arena landscaping's Avatar
Arena landscaping Arena landscaping is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: wayne
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitts961 View Post
Liking the truck man, I've been looking at one for myself. Did you buy it new?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes bought it brand New from Ciocca Ford of Quakertown. They're an awesome dealership. I would recommend them to anyone.
__________________
Wayne Pa
14 years old
lots of equipment
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 07-07-2015, 04:18 PM
Poulin lawn care Poulin lawn care is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Burlington Vermont
Posts: 24
Looks like ya got your **** together. How old are you if you dont mind me asking, it says 14 on your bio but you bought a truck so i am guessing like 17? I am almost 16, glad to see someone else my age out workin hard.
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 07-07-2015, 04:21 PM
Arena landscaping's Avatar
Arena landscaping Arena landscaping is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: wayne
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulin lawn care View Post
Looks like ya got your **** together. How old are you if you dont mind me asking, it says 14 on your bio but you bought a truck so i am guessing like 17? I am almost 16, glad to see someone else my age out workin hard.
Thanks man, Id like to think so. As for my age. Im 16, ill be 17 in November.
__________________
Wayne Pa
14 years old
lots of equipment
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Layout Style:





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:44 AM.

Page generated in 0.16013 seconds with 11 queries