The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-26-2015, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVS Lawns View Post
My 20 pics a lawn add a whopping 5 min to my day.
Posted via Mobile Device
20 pics would take me at least an extra 5 minutes per lawn, time I don't have to spare. Then there's the time to upload the pics to their site, which for 20 pics is going to be about 10 min per lawn so there's a min. 15 minutes per lawn there.

I have no interest in working for someone who doesn't trust that I've done the work stated on my invoice. I've said before that I've had out-of-state landlords call to hire me and want pictures. My response is that it's no problem, I'll be thrilled to take all the pictures they want, but they're an additional $2/each. Suddenly pictures aren't so important.

Taking pictures and uploading them for free? Like herler said....I'd rather lowball for a living.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyshack Lawn Care View Post
My response is that it's no problem, I'll be thrilled to take all the pictures they want, but they're an additional $2/each. Suddenly pictures aren't so important.
Thanks! I must have found this nugget from a previous post of yours.

Told the lady yesterday I could take pics no problem, and they're $5 each. She laughed me off the phone. LMAO.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyshack Lawn Care View Post
20 pics would take me at least an extra 5 minutes per lawn, time I don't have to spare. Then there's the time to upload the pics to their site, which for 20 pics is going to be about 10 min per lawn so there's a min. 15 minutes per lawn there.

I have no interest in working for someone who doesn't trust that I've done the work stated on my invoice. I've said before that I've had out-of-state landlords call to hire me and want pictures. My response is that it's no problem, I'll be thrilled to take all the pictures they want, but they're an additional $2/each. Suddenly pictures aren't so important.

Taking pictures and uploading them for free? Like herler said....I'd rather lowball for a living.
It takes you 5 min to whip out an iPhone and snap 4 pics across the front and back twice, one pic of the mower and hit a button marked complete?

And then phone does imagic and You get paid.

I don't know where you think it takes 5 min to snap pics.
These aren't better homes and gardens glamour shots.
Here's the long grass, here's the thing that cuts the long grass, here's the short grass, done.

1/4 of my pics are taken in the time it takes to walk from the truck to the gate of the trailer.

One pass across the back has another quarter. Finish back there's 3/4, back to front, load equipment, snap last quarter, done.

Little hint. If they want YOU TO UPLOAD TO A WEBSITE they are a middle and useless.

The reputable companies have an app that uploads instantly and automatically.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-26-2015, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I get what you're saying, but 20 pics per visit would be a pain. And this particular company wants 20-40 pics. No time for that nonsense.

Sounds like you're working for a few legit companies.

Quote:
It takes you 5 min to whip out an iPhone and snap 4 pics across the front and back twice, one pic of the mower and hit a button marked complete?

Here's the long grass, here's the thing that cuts the long grass, here's the short grass, done.

1/4 of my pics are taken in the time it takes to walk from the truck to the gate of the trailer.

One pass across the back has another quarter. Finish back there's 3/4, back to front, load equipment, snap last quarter, done.

Little hint. If they want YOU TO UPLOAD TO A WEBSITE they are a middle and useless.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-26-2015, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device
Did u read my post about the realtor I'm in negotiations with ? Seems 10x more legit and way less nonsense. No middle man. No foreclosures. Same 50 properties for a yr. Guy sounded almost insulted when I asked if he was a,property preservation company.
Posted via Mobile Device