Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Sponsor

Cool, It's great that you had a good season!! I didn't see your website. There are some free website builders out there (Wix comes to mind, but haven't used them). That is a big part of our signups during Spring along with Google ad words.

Also we do a lot of door hangers.
CLIP Lawn Care
Old 12-11-2014, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2 View Post
Cool, It's great that you had a good season!! I didn't see your website. There are some free website builders out there (Wix comes to mind, but haven't used them). That is a big part of our signups during Spring along with Google ad words.

Also we do a lot of door hangers.
I don't have a website but that is something I'm looking into. I'm just not sure I want to take a chance on messing up the SEO aspect of it and am almost leaning towards having one professionally done.

My picture thread:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=374000
Old 12-11-2014, 05:34 PM
Sponsor

If I were you (if you are a little tech savvy) then I would probably do it myself. If you use something that is pretty reputable (wordpress, wix, squarespace) they will include SEO tags for stuff that needs it.

Also setup a google adwords campaign, chances are that keywords "mowing yourtown" are pretty cheap. Then your company will show up at the top, and you will Pay per click up to a certain amount.

This is definitely a case where something is better than nothing. It will help you start to rank if you just have something up.

If you want to do some of the SEO stuff yourself MOZ's Blog is a great spot to start: http://www.moz.com/

As far as organization/business software I definitely recommend something like QuickBooks online, and CLIPitc :-P

We have a portal built into CLIPitc now where your customers can pay for services, setup autopay, etc. Sometimes taking Credit cards is a lot cheaper than paying for collections.

If you want to have someone do the website for you I would recommend checking with your local graphic design college teacher about students interested in making some money. If you pay for a completely custom website expect to pay between 3k-10k depending on what you need.
CLIP Lawn Care
Old 12-11-2014, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Everything looks good. Just read through the thread from the beginning and you've grown a lot. Congrats on another good season.
Exmark Vantage
Exmark Turf Tracer
Stihl Handhelds

Go Bengals! Playoffs!
Old 12-13-2014, 11:01 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2 View Post
If I were you (if you are a little tech savvy) then I would probably do it myself. If you use something that is pretty reputable (wordpress, wix, squarespace) they will include SEO tags for stuff that needs it.

Also setup a google adwords campaign, chances are that keywords "mowing yourtown" are pretty cheap. Then your company will show up at the top, and you will Pay per click up to a certain amount.

This is definitely a case where something is better than nothing. It will help you start to rank if you just have something up.

If you want to do some of the SEO stuff yourself MOZ's Blog is a great spot to start: http://www.moz.com/

As far as organization/business software I definitely recommend something like QuickBooks online, and CLIPitc :-P

We have a portal built into CLIPitc now where your customers can pay for services, setup autopay, etc. Sometimes taking Credit cards is a lot cheaper than paying for collections.

If you want to have someone do the website for you I would recommend checking with your local graphic design college teacher about students interested in making some money. If you pay for a completely custom website expect to pay between 3k-10k depending on what you need.
I might experiment with something like Wix. The thing I hate about those is they all have the same generic template and never seem to look quite right.

Does CLIP have scheduling capability? That is something I really need. Even though I'm a small company, we had stuff fall through the cracks this season because it simply got forgotten about. I'm envisioning something that automatically notifies me that a round of applications has to get done this week, or I can easily schedule one time services in our routes and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC Lawn Care View Post
Everything looks good. Just read through the thread from the beginning and you've grown a lot. Congrats on another good season.
Thanks! We picked up a few good accounts this year. Have big dreams for next year, wanting to grow from ~100k this year to ~150k next year. I have intentions of hiring another full time guy next Spring, as well as another part time guy if necessary.

My picture thread:
Old 12-15-2014, 10:12 AM
Sponsor

Yes CLIP has scheduling built in. We actually have a very advanced reoccuring scheduling system.

Along with billing, job costing, etc.

Check it out!! We have been in the business (software) since 1987.
CLIP Lawn Care
Old 12-18-2014, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Any pictures of your diecast collection? Those are pretty sweet.

Kubota ZD323 60"/23hp
Exmark Commercial 21"/6hp

Stihl 110RX
Stihl FS80
Redmax EBZ8001
Old 12-18-2014, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scag413 View Post
Any pictures of your diecast collection? Those are pretty sweet.
Thanks, I'll try and get more pics tomorrow.

Had an inch or so of snow last night, so I went and shoveled the sidewalk at the only one of my lots that has us take care of their walks, and plowed a few passes just for fun.

A while back I rented a 12x40 storage unit to use as a warehouse for off season equipment, fertilizer, seed, etc. Bought some shelves at Menards today, they're almost like mini pallet racks. Eventually when I upgrade to a real shop I will get actual pallet racks, and a forklift haha. Shelves are 8' tall, 8' across, 30" deep.

My picture thread:
Old 12-18-2014, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Did you modify the stander for it to stripe? I have the sport rh 36" and it doesnt stripe at all really.
"When we finally tire of searching for happiness outside, we sit quietly and analyze and realize that true and lasting happiness can never come from outside. It can't come because it simply is. You are Happiness personified. You are that Supreme Bliss. You are that Joy. You are the image of happiness. God is the one who is always happy, and you are the image of God." - Satchitananda
Old 12-19-2014, 09:53 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Nope! Shortly after I bought it I ran across a lot of complaints about that old style deck but I found that it cuts good for the most part and stripes good. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised.
Posted via Mobile Device