Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-28-2013, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I thought it gave a very good cut. I did not get a chance to use it during spring growth. It had a 10hp Honda motor and had plenty of power. The mower was a belt drive. If you were doing alot of close tight mowing that made you go in reverse alot it would probably wear on you in a long day. The extra inches of cut was so great. I am keeping my eye on the 30 inch mowers that have come out.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

To get back to a few that ask questions why such a long trailer when a 12 ft trailer would work? Well first off with two exmark riders and 1-2 WB, I need at least 16ft to make it all work, everything has a bagger. Second we bag 100% of everything I mow. Need place to dump grass. usually one trip a day to dump in spring, sometimes more depends of rain, duration of time frame and growing season. So not a waste of gas, time, etc for us. Each trailer is equiped with a dump towards the side, so driver gets out, open side doors of trailer while passenger (if one at this time) gets out, tool box on trailer where the battery and switch are, raised dump, drive may pull ahead or jump on trailer to shovel off excess grass. 10 minutes usually tops it off.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:54 PM
LawnSite Member

First thought was anything you can afford with sharp blades , but I like a walkbehind and a rider seems to cover everything , I do some commercial, but mostly upper end residential in that 1/3 to 3/4 acre size
Old 03-08-2013, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by THORNTON SERVICES LLC View Post
what do you do on hilly property's do you use the push???? Thanks for the pics , nice set up , also do you use the backpack blower on every property or do you have a handheld , we normally just use the handheld for smaller prop , and the backpack blowers for bigger ones.
i use my rider on hills. it sticks like glue. the only time i use the push mower is tiny gated backyards or city commercial lots with sidewalks near the street and such. i think i only have 1 property i use it on at this time.

i use the backpack blower on every property.