Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-18-2014, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Holidynamics Shipping

We all know Holidynamics marks up the shipping and has some of the most expensive shipping you will find in any industry. Even I was shocked to see my bill for the tiny box that weighed probably under a pound was about $37.50.

Luckily the replacement parts in this box are the only thing I had shipped from HD this year. I'm not into the wire frame stuff anymore but the one Brite Ideas order I had that weighted 37.45 pounds cost me only $49.56 to ship this year.

Thank you for not raking me over the coals Chad.
Attached Images

Owner- David

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 12-18-2014, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
We all know Holidynamics marks up the shipping and has some of the most expensive shipping you will find in any industry. Even I was shocked to see my bill for the tiny box that weighed probably under a pound was about $37.50.

Luckily the replacement parts in this box are the only thing I had shipped from HD this year. I'm not into the wire frame stuff anymore but the one Brite Ideas order I had that weighted 37.45 pounds cost me only $49.56 to ship this year.

Thank you for not raking me over the coals Chad.
Amanda at HD is checking to see if there was any error on my rate. I had emailed her that the rate seemed pretty jacked up for such a tiny light weight box. If they cut me a break due to an error I will give them due credit. I would think 20 bucks would be more reasonable. I realize UPS has a shipping minimum fee which is probably one pound.
Owner- David

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Old 12-18-2014, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
Amanda at HD is checking to see if there was any error on my rate. I had emailed her that the rate seemed pretty jacked up for such a tiny light weight box. If they cut me a break due to an error I will give them due credit. I would think 20 bucks would be more reasonable. I realize UPS has a shipping minimum fee which is probably one pound.
The shipping has been reduced to about 20 bucks. Thank you Amanda. I would recommend checking your shipping rates. I had this issue in the past also.
Owner- David

Old 12-18-2014, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

yikes. That's expensive.

I would recommend to anyone that does a fair bit of shipping, to look into getting your own UPS account. They give you a price break based on volume, and anyone that ships UPS can bill to your account. A lot of our bigger customer have their own account we just bill to.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I stopped use Holiday Decor for the same reason, they had a minimum freight rate of $100.00 to Canada so I went to Christmas designers which had much better rates. But I have now found a supplier here in Canada Big Star Lights which works out so much better. Now I just need a Canadian supplier for my greenery.

Ducke's Lawn Care.
and Now
Ducke's Seasonal Decor.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:49 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducke View Post
I stopped use Holiday Decor for the same reason, they had a minimum freight rate of $100.00 to Canada so I went to Christmas designers which had much better rates. But I have now found a supplier here in Canada Big Star Lights which works out so much better. Now I just need a Canadian supplier for my greenery.
You need to check with Dara at ccbydara.com. She can get you a better rate for greenery products from Vickerman (Minnesota) then you could get otherwise. I like the Camdon Fir line the best. I like the Cheyenne Pine for the mixed line with pine cones.

The only thing I don't like about the Cheyenne Pine line is the garland in my opinion needs twice as many lights. I may experiments with buying extra matching lights and see how much of a pain it is to add more.

Adding more lights to greenery or getting experience at restringing is something I need to get more experience with anyway.

She also might be able to get you some deals on products from Reinders in Wisconsin. These places should have good shipping rates because of volume and the fact they are both closer to the border.

Talk to Dara and I bet she can help you out. Don't bother with her website when searching for anything just call her and tell her what your looking for.
Owner- David

Old 12-19-2014, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you David. I will have to check her out for next season pre booking.
My season here is basically done other than maintenance and take down..
Had a good season kept my customers from year one and gained 5 more without doing any advertising at all. Now got to start planning for next season as well as get back on marketing the lawn care.

thanks again and Merry Christmas

Graham

Ducke's Lawn Care.
and Now
Ducke's Seasonal Decor.
Old Today, 02:14 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

More Pictures

Here are more pictures of mostly new client's homes and one HOA.
Attached Images

Owner- David