Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 05-19-2013, 04:18 PM
ETPRO's Avatar
ETPRO ETPRO is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Pittsburg, TX
Posts: 301
Mike, will have to post some pictures of the system we are putting in right now. Iron ore is killing us on it. I never thought i would have to put a "rock clause" in my system contracts in east texas, but this one might change things.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 05-19-2013, 04:50 PM
ETPRO's Avatar
ETPRO ETPRO is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Pittsburg, TX
Posts: 301
Sounds like your getting the hang of it. Glad to hear someone else using the MP Rotators! I don't use the 1000's much since they are the same size as a spray head and a great deal more expensive than a standard pro spray nozzle. We use a lot of the 2000 size nozzles and a lot of the 3000 size nozzles in lieu of rotors. Haven't used any of the 3500's yet. Sure we will like them too just little farther throw. I am starting to prefer them over rotors now. We still use them on larger systems with 40' throws etc. Last system we finished was mostly rotors and it took some adjusting since we had put in the last 3 of all mp's and pro sprays.

I remember reading about the pro sprays while I was reading this post. I like them a lot, we have used them in some low pressure situations, but if you are high on pressure, you will have to get creative with some pressure regulating heads or something, because they will mist like none other. I heard something about them having some pressure compensating discs or something. Don't know if that will help on a retrofit or not, but would be worth looking into.

Mikegyver, mind me asking? Who are you getting your Mp's (and other irrigation supplies) from? Ewing has been good for us.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 05-19-2013, 05:30 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Port Angeles, Washington
Posts: 20,563
As I've said before, I like MPs, they're a poor man's Stream Rotor, and useful as band-aids in an over-zoned situation. In doing a survey last week on the Mega I manage, I noted quite a few stuck in place. I seem to remember that the small filters could not be removed and cleaned(can the Hunter version basket be removed?), so replacement is the option. Granted, the system is going on ten years, but, on other sites, my Streamies with their great filter baskets are still in service 30 tears later.I think I still get the bro deal from my suppliers: $5.70.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 05-19-2013, 06:07 PM
cjohn2000's Avatar
cjohn2000 cjohn2000 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
As I've said before, I like MPs, they're a poor man's Stream Rotor, and useful as band-aids in an over-zoned situation. In doing a survey last week on the Mega I manage, I noted quite a few stuck in place. I seem to remember that the small filters could not be removed and cleaned(can the Hunter version basket be removed?), so replacement is the option. Granted, the system is going on ten years, but, on other sites, my Streamies with their great filter baskets are still in service 30 tears later.I think I still get the bro deal from my suppliers: $5.70.

I always thought for some reason that the MP's were all the same cost, but actually they seem to start around $5.70 and wander up to $6.30 for the 3500s
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 05-19-2013, 06:25 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Port Angeles, Washington
Posts: 20,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohn2000 View Post
I always thought for some reason that the MP's were all the same cost, but actually they seem to start around $5.70 and wander up to $6.30 for the 3500s
I'd heard United Pipe went bankrupt, true?
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 05-19-2013, 06:34 PM
cjohn2000's Avatar
cjohn2000 cjohn2000 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 444
I talked to a friend of mine whos owns Oaktree water gardens up here and as far as I know they went bankrupt but were taken over by Winsupply. http://www.unitedpipe.com/
http://www.inddist.com/news/2012/07/...-new-locations
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 05-19-2013, 08:13 PM
ETPRO's Avatar
ETPRO ETPRO is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Pittsburg, TX
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasProscapesLLC View Post
Sounds like your getting the hang of it. Glad to hear someone else using the MP Rotators! I don't use the 1000's much since they are the same size as a spray head and a great deal more expensive than a standard pro spray nozzle. We use a lot of the 2000 size nozzles and a lot of the 3000 size nozzles in lieu of rotors. Haven't used any of the 3500's yet. Sure we will like them too just little farther throw. I am starting to prefer them over rotors now. We still use them on larger systems with 40' throws etc. Last system we finished was mostly rotors and it took some adjusting since we had put in the last 3 of all mp's and pro sprays.

I remember reading about the pro sprays while I was reading this post. I like them a lot, we have used them in some low pressure situations, but if you are high on pressure, you will have to get creative with some pressure regulating heads or something, because they will mist like none other. I heard something about them having some pressure compensating discs or something. Don't know if that will help on a retrofit or not, but would be worth looking into.

Mikegyver, mind me asking? Who are you getting your Mp's (and other irrigation supplies) from? Ewing has been good for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
As I've said before, I like MPs, they're a poor man's Stream Rotor, and useful as band-aids in an over-zoned situation. In doing a survey last week on the Mega I manage, I noted quite a few stuck in place. I seem to remember that the small filters could not be removed and cleaned(can the Hunter version basket be removed?), so replacement is the option. Granted, the system is going on ten years, but, on other sites, my Streamies with their great filter baskets are still in service 30 tears later.I think I still get the bro deal from my suppliers: $5.70.
Filter baskets can now be changed. They clip onto the bottom of the hunter versions. I am not as much of a fan of the rainbird versions. Don't think they pattern as well and they tend to get trash caught in them. Don't have any problems with the hunters. Seems as if they have a flushing action as they come on and shut off.

Just checked last ticket, Hunters went down in price (or on sale) they are normally $5.70 like yours but looks as if they went on sale for $5.00.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 05-19-2013, 09:29 PM
cjohn2000's Avatar
cjohn2000 cjohn2000 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasProscapesLLC View Post
Filter baskets can now be changed. They clip onto the bottom of the hunter versions. I am not as much of a fan of the rainbird versions. Don't think they pattern as well and they tend to get trash caught in them. Don't have any problems with the hunters. Seems as if they have a flushing action as they come on and shut off.

Just checked last ticket, Hunters went down in price (or on sale) they are normally $5.70 like yours but looks as if they went on sale for $5.00.
Are you referring to RB's new rotary nozzles? I tried the Toros rotory nozzle and wasn't impressed, hard to adjust, weird overspray on right stop. Ive encountered a few MP's which have stopped rotating.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:33 AM.

Page generated in 0.06730 seconds with 9 queries