Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-03-2007, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnworks View Post
Bagging grass is for the birds! At least w/ southern grasses, bagging is time consuming and w/ no added benefit. The University of GA claim that mulching grass does not hurt the grass, but if anything improves the conditions. A common myth is that mulching contributes to thatch... and it isn't true. I am sure yall mow some type of fescue and it may be different for yall.

These landscape trucks are the deal. I am about to add our 3rd one. Talk about a worry free efficient lawn maintenance crew.
I agree, bagging grass is useless. But around here, customers still want it bagged, and you can charge more anyway, so I just give the customer what they want.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hell yeah if you can make more while on the same job site.... doesn't hurt you. Down here there is virtually no demand for bagging(thank god). I guess you could always get the landscape body w/ the dumper in the front.... probably cost an arm and both legs though.

What would be really nice is if they had a landscape body that dumped... have the dovetail on hinges or hydraulic arms that lift the dovetail up.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

QUOTE:
What would be really nice is if they had a landscape body that dumped... have the dovetail on hinges or hydraulic arms that lift the dovetail up.)
There is one that has a removable dove tail and is a dump bed also the bed is made by WIL-RO in Gallatin TN it is a reallay good looking landscaping bed that can do double duty the dove tail section has it's on supports so when you unhook it stand up on it on legs they say that 1 person can unhoo the tail section from the bed bed in under or about 5 mins . I have phone number in case some one is wanting it .Twj
Old 02-04-2007, 08:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Got a website? I wonder how much?
Old 02-04-2007, 10:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

They have 2 one is for like hauler beds and the other is where this bed is but the last time I tried to open it it said under repair they are as follows :www.wil-ro.com, the second one is :www.trail-hauler.com
Incase that does not work their phone number is 800 879 1466 and the guys name that I talked to is Don Hamlet
Old 02-04-2007, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

A Ford dealer in Quakertown has a New Ford LCF with the same body for $34k. It looks like a really versitle truck. Maybe in a few years I'll have 1.

Did that truck come with the trimmer racks or did you put them on yourself?
2011 8x16 Pace Summit trailer
2010 Exmark TTHP 17/48
04 Exmark Viking 32"
96 Exmark Metro 36"
Echo, Redmax, and Shindaiwa handhelds. Husky chain saws.
2010 F-350 4x4 6.4 PSD w/ 8' Western plow.
1997 F-250 4x4 7.3 PSD
2004 Bobcat 61" 25hp ZTR for sale. 1100 hours, Under 10 hours on a TOTAL DECK REBUILD! PM for details
Old 02-04-2007, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm very skeptical of the LCF

I have a Fuso going on 7 seasons, no problems with the Mitsubishi. Some probs related to the body, that's it.

The LCF has a new design twin-turbo V6. Time will tell, my prediction is that they will crap out in typical Ford fashion. (Transmissions, Fuel system problems, etc like the 6.0 diesel V8 turd motor).