Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-12-2013, 07:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis91 View Post
Get a Frogg Togg suit.. Leave goretex for hunting.
Isn't it the same? They call it "micro pore technology" because it's not Gore-Tex brand name but it's basically got to be the same.

What I have is Army issue. But Gore Tex eventually soaks thru. I couldn't stand solid waterproof raingear. Here we get showers, where it rains one minute then the next the sun's beating down. Makes me feel like I'm going thru menopause or something.

The Army suit is not designed for sitting down. Sitting on the mower the crotch always soaks thru first. That's always a shocker. Especially if it's a cold rain. Maybe I need a poncho as well.
I may not have the perfect collection of clothing for mowing but I'm getting close. I wear everything from sunblock to a snowmobile suit. Keep it all with me in the truck. This job's tough enough without being uncomfortable while I'm doing it.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post

what i just can't understand is why are people calling me wanting their yard mowed 1 time??? i'm like you have got to be kidding me. i'm just telling people left and right i'm sorry i can't do a one time mow i'm too backed up from all the rain. who has been mowing their yard all year? why can't they mow it now? i dunno i just can't understand it. i just tell them i can only mow if you are gonna be a full time customer if not i don't have time. i can't believe they would think we had time to do that after all of this rain we've been getting. it's like they don't have any common sense???
I turned a guy away the other day for a one time mow but kicked myself after cause I didn't ask him if he would want regular routine service as well. I was just so overwhelmed that I said no before I event thought it out. Plus I had the blower on my back as well. Hate when people don't wait till your not making noise or working.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Member

i take the one time mows as well unless they are a pain and are far away. money is money. plus it's a good opportunity to have them see your work and maybe they'll change their mind.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Same Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilehead View Post
Man, this rain has got to stop--it's been raining frequently for 4 solid days. Get this.....I call my clients as a courtesy to inform them of the weather-related delays, and a third of them get irate. The other two thirds are fine and reasonable with me. Per the old saying, "no good deed goes unpunished".
The same here in North Carolina, it has been raining for almost a month straight. Maybe a few days here and there that didn't but overall is has been the worst season since I started in 2009.