Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-25-2014, 05:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Now you're mixing collections with extending credit. You provided the cut with the expectation you were getting paid at time of service. I personaaly don't take that leap of faith. If a check is supposed to be there and its not then no service. Rather be out travel time then travel, labor and chase money time. If you let it go once you just gave permission for everytime.
Posted via Mobile Device
No I am not. Merely just stating actual world numbers. If I did a $12k job where labour cost me say $4500 and I had to hunt the money for 6 months to collect full amount due. I agree just not gonna do it! A $12 k job that gets paid as a structured plan in 2 months? If I got the man power and means to float everything knowing the pay will be there before I need it....... Seriously you gonna tell your guys go home with 30hrs a wk vs 42?
Look at things from all angles. $ is why we are all here no doubt. But so is every back we all ride to get the $.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-25-2014, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Do not accept a payment plan on a $300 job. If its important enough to get it done, he will save up to pay in full at time of completion.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-25-2014, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstatikplus View Post
No I am not. Merely just stating actual world numbers. If I did a $12k job where labour cost me say $4500 and I had to hunt the money for 6 months to collect full amount due. I agree just not gonna do it! A $12 k job that gets paid as a structured plan in 2 months? If I got the man power and means to float everything knowing the pay will be there before I need it....... Seriously you gonna tell your guys go home with 30hrs a wk vs 42?
Look at things from all angles. $ is why we are all here no doubt. But so is every back we all ride to get the $.
Posted via Mobile Device
Good point to look at it from all angles. The manpower point is valid too. I get paid for the bread and butter mowing by card the next day. It's the first thing I do on the am after a day of mowing. A cup of coffee and start charging cards. Floating $300 for a mulch job is not a big deal to me financially. And again this was just an offer I was thinking of making. Of my business was busier I wouldn't do it maybe. But I'm dying to get more work. Just figured it might be a selling point to sell it now and know that there is a good chance I have money coming in opposed to waiting for them to be ready with full payment. Also yeah I absolutely could build in a finance charge.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-26-2014, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Only thing I did and it works for me, after the economy **** out, my offer was to extend the monthly invoice to 9 months , which is adding the 27 cuts, spring and fall clean up together then divide by 9 . mulch or extras have to be paid when billed.. I have had good luck past few years and still have income in december /jan.