Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-21-2014, 01:08 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmlcinc View Post
I'm also looking into the solideal tracks or maybe the Loegering's any one else have any experience or input on them?
Solideal Tracks are 4k and the Loegering is 10k
My skid has 2 speed and with my OTT I can still run same speed in 2nd
Loegering tracks the guy I talk to doesnt recommend running in 2nd

But Loegering tracks are more stable on rough terrain
The OTT still feels like you are running tires.

floatation on the OTT or the Loegering tracks are the same

Something breaks on the Loegering tracks can cost some $$$ I have a friend that has a set
Nothing to break on the OTT

I run mine all summer long for the price of them they are worth it
Old 04-01-2014, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Ya I am looking at those solideals or the mclaren ott's with rubber pads now. I need maximum flotation for wet turf so we don't tear it up. Got quoted 3200 delivered on the mclaren's so I think that will be around a grand less than the solideals. Plus with the mclaren's when they wear out you don't have to throw them out you can just replace the pads, how much that will cost tho i don't know. Although i know the solideals would probably have a little more flotation it does seem like they may stress the drive train more. Seems like they fit a little tighter and there is no where for debris to go when they get between the tire and track.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmlcinc View Post
Ya I am looking at those solideals or the mclaren ott's with rubber pads now. I need maximum flotation for wet turf so we don't tear it up. Got quoted 3200 delivered on the mclaren's so I think that will be around a grand less than the solideals. Plus with the mclaren's when they wear out you don't have to throw them out you can just replace the pads, how much that will cost tho i don't know. Although i know the solideals would probably have a little more flotation it does seem like they may stress the drive train more. Seems like they fit a little tighter and there is no where for debris to go when they get between the tire and track.
Well I happen look at my invoice for mine Mine only cost $3,376.00
I went with tires and dish out rims just for the track 549.00
Shipping was 200

The debris like rocks rolls out the side but 3''and big rocks is a nono But I don't work around rock much
I found out this year how much floatation I get from them
They was calling snow and I had back fill job to do
So I went with tires only and damn I couldnt get anywhere soft ground So I loaded up started to snow well didn't get much only a dusting so next morning I put tracks on went back to the job Night and Day difference

But I come across a used nice set of the Loegering tracks I'll buy them They are more stable on un even ground compare to what I have
Old 04-02-2014, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Member

I have the Mc Claren Protrack rubber and love them, but don't think for a moment they are soft on turf. They are going to get you into places you need to go when things are wet and muddy. But leave a trail of destruction as soon as you turn. I have had the rubber band type of tracks, Goodyear track man, a solid rubber track. Very gentle on turf, you can even turn with them, great floatation , not so great traction. If you need to leave the turf as if you weren't there, go with the solid type track, not a segmented one.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patpls View Post
I have the Mc Claren Protrack rubber and love them, but don't think for a moment they are soft on turf. They are going to get you into places you need to go when things are wet and muddy. But leave a trail of destruction as soon as you turn. I have had the rubber band type of tracks, Goodyear track man, a solid rubber track. Very gentle on turf, you can even turn with them, great floatation , not so great traction. If you need to leave the turf as if you weren't there, go with the solid type track, not a segmented one.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-02-2014, 06:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcatexc View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
I had loegering steel tracks for years and they were great. Then went with Solideal rubber tracks they did fine floation and min lawn disturbance. But I noticed they were starting stress out my chains inside, I had one that was starting to slip. I had bobcat heavy duty side wall tires and they were eating the side walls pretty good. They do just like you mentioned they won't let material out and that tightens everything up and will eventually wear axle seals out. I ran them to the manufactures specs for sag. I got rid of that system as fast as I could and went with a CTL and haven't missed or looked back. Also it will cause your machine to sit higher so your bucket won't sit level, I didn't have a issue with it on my loegering just the solideals.
Posted via Mobile Device