Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-02-2013, 08:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCuts View Post
Sounds like you are grossing $45/man hour on a three man crew for 20 hours on those 80 lawns. With an efficient no- trailer setup like whats being discussed here you should be in great shape.

The difference between what we do is that I use a 2 man crew instead of 3. If I went everyday we could do 30 per day and make our profits go up. Volume is how we make money. The small trailer/ no trailer makes a difference because of the type of truck you use to pull it or how much gas you use. We use 21 inch snappers that cost $750 brand new and are very easy to work on. Everybody has overhead, we have just found a way to be efficeint as we can.

This is not how I support my family, If it was I would do things a lil different, but we do offer a good service and make a solid profit

giochi gratis
Old 08-02-2013, 02:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You may have to sell 2 routes.

A solo operator doing 50 houses would gross 1250 and running small pickups and 21" mower might squeeze by with 250$ in expenses. 1000$ per week is not that bad, its like buying a job but still ok.

I figure throw a old 21 mower and string trimmer and blower list a route for 5000$ and you might sell it pretty quick.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee24 View Post
we use a small trailer, I highly doubt it has a large effect. but Id love a PM of how this should make good money- I found alot of people in this business, including myself in the past, think they are making money....right up until they need to replace their equipment and they have zero saved to do so.
3% of gross saved covers our replacement costs. Thats counting for 2000 hours use from a new $5500 36" walk behind and 2 years fulltime use from new blowers and trimmers.

It's easier to prepare when you know exact what your costs are.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I use a 60 inch walk behind...$25 a week thrown into a savings account times 26 mowing weeks a year times 10 years. What's the problem? These mowers last forever. Buying brand new mowers is foolish IMO.

F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds
Old 08-02-2013, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

If you aren't an active in the labor aspect of the business, why not sell it as a package with your name, equipment, systems and employees? Why are you selling the accounts without the rest of your operation?