Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-09-2015, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I guess I should update. Last year went ok, at the beginning of the summer I had a steady flow of jobs taking up most weekends. I decided not to do any mowing accounts, just cleanups, mulching, planting flowers, etc...

I took a few cleanup jobs in the fall but we had a baby in September, so after that my time was even more limited.

I just recently took a new job (Im an insurance agent, I changed to a new agency) which lets me sort of make my own hours so I should be able to free up more time this year to squeeze in some more job, but if I am busy and successful at my full time job I may keep this landscaping stuff scaled back a bit.

My SUV with the 14 foot trailer worked just fine. One time I had a pretty big mulch job, just had it drop shipped there, but for the smaller jobs it went fine. In the fall my town lets you leave leaves curb-side so I didnt have to haul leaves. I did however have a few pretty big cleanups earlier in the year that I had to haul in the trailer/SUV, went fine tho.