Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-27-2013, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i have had horrible luck with mailers and doorhangers, always have. last week i have picked up 3 full maintenance accounts from people who found me on google, (one was looking for a competitor and found me). my website, and being easy to find on google has been the cheapest form of advertising with the best return for me. I also get alot of calls from people looking for jobs too! so i guess thats good that i'm able to be found easy.

anyways, my point.. if you don't have a website, go get one now. I'm not to internet savy myself, but with alot of reading and help from a few on here i've managed to make the website work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueLawn&LandscapeTN View Post
I tried the door hanger deal last year and actually had them designed so that I could write the estimate for that particular yard on the back of it so that people would know up-front the cost of our service...out off about 300-350 that were all personally hand delivered in local subdivsion targeted areas, I recieved "0" ZERO return!! This year Im going to try the EDDM route and sending out 5,000 postcards in groups of 1250-4 times...or 2500-2 times....nobody in my areas are doing that yet and I'm hoping that will gain me an edge on the others??? I'm also looking into a website but i'm not sure the return on that will justify the cost??
Old 01-28-2013, 07:23 AM
LawnSite Member

A website isnt out of the picture for me I just wasnt sure it would turn out as good as it sounds...even with the website i would imagine you still have to get some sort of flyer, postcard, business card, etc or something in peoples door with the web address on there for them to find it?
21" Mower
2- Stihl Trimmers
1- Tanaka Trimmer
Old 02-06-2013, 12:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Update.....

Well it looks like I'll won't be starting up again this year. I had a little slip on some ice walking in my parking lot where I live a few nights ago, didn't fall over and was able to catch myself, but felt this crazy pop in my right knee. Woke up the next day and my knee felt about the size of a watermelon. Doc told me my cartalege (SP?) is, well, F&*#'ed.

Of coarse the damage has been done over the years, I've had my left knee rebuilt back in 05 from injuries while in the marine corps. Its no rodeo, and honestly it sucks when you struggle just to walk and never wanted to go through that again. I got a schedule date in April for surgery, yah, unfortantly the Army won't let me stay home and off of it for when I have to leave for 20 days in March for WAREX. Which is stupid, but another story in itself.

Not going to stay down about it, going to look to next year. This year I'll gather information, marketing materials, find a blower and a trailer, and of coarse network. Well the other thing I could do is resto the scag, its going to need some paint.

So here is to shoving to horse pills down my throat, I hate meds period, and staying busy.

Picture Thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ight=army+pics