Register free!
Search

Click for Weather
View Poll Results: What Ride On are you using?
Perma Green (any) 12 22.22%
Z spray (any) 25 46.30%
Turfco T3000 8 14.81%
Pro Logic (any) 7 12.96%
TurfEx rs7000 0 0%
C&S Time Machine 0 0%
C&S Arc 0 0%
Prizelawn RS200 0 0%
Lesco/Cub cadet HPS 2 3.70%
Cub Cadet tank 0 0%
Other 3 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2014, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I got an interesting call today and some of you ( especially the guys who operate and really like the Lesco HPS) may be interested in hearing about as well.

A representative of Spyker called me today and said Tom Rich had given him my name and number and said I would be a good one to talk to about ideas for changes/upgrades Spyker is about to be making to their ride-on spreader they sell...I about fell out!

Number one, I had absolutely no idea that Tom Rich even knew who I was much less that he would recommend me of all people to ask about giving some input on changes a company like Spyker wants to make to their spreader.

Number two, I didn't realize Spyker marketed a ride-on applicator, but they do. I looked it up and it appears very similar in design to the "HPS". I'm going to say it is probably much better quality though. Also, they are looking for ideas on spray systems and things that us as professional applicators would like to see on a piece of equipment that we use in our trade. I felt kinda proud that they had bothered to contact me...I must have some people fooled into thinking that I know something.

Anyway. It's out there to be looked at and they will be making changes/ upgrades to it soon. I will be interested in the progression of it and I thought some of y'all might be too.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just like the HPS in watching the you tube video, I can walk faster then that thing is moving. I think will stay with our Z-Sprays.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Service 1st Lawn Care View Post
Just like the HPS in watching the you tube video, I can walk faster then that thing is moving. I think will stay with our Z-Sprays.
I'm with you there...We operate a Jr. with an intermediate hopper and a Jr.36. I just purchased 2 new 16hp Kawasaki's as replacements for the Vanguards and my 2009 has everything replaced on it except the Delavan pump.(still spraying strong after 5 yrs and over 1200 hrs) My Z's are awesome... There is no other description that would do them justice. While talking to the guy today, he admitted that Z-spray is "The best on the market".(his words).

I think maybe they are looking to market their machine to LCO's on a little tighter budget... I haven't seen any figures on their units price yet though so that's just a guess.