Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-09-2014, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah. My wife and I are in the process of starting a family as well. We are all just human, we work hard during the day to make our bones, and gotta attend to the flock when we come home.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by getdown View Post
Yeah. My wife and I are in the process of starting a family as well. We are all just human, we work hard during the day to make our bones, and gotta attend to the flock when we come home.
A lot of people don't understand that on here. They work 7 days a week 90 hours a week and don't "have time" for anything else
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-10-2014, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

finding the balance between your commitments and other parts of life, only your conscious is the guide.
"When we finally tire of searching for happiness outside, we sit quietly and analyze and realize that true and lasting happiness can never come from outside. It can't come because it simply is. You are Happiness personified. You are that Supreme Bliss. You are that Joy. You are the image of happiness. God is the one who is always happy, and you are the image of God." - Satchitananda
Old 07-12-2014, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Whitty spark and j pocket... Thanks. Totally true. If they don't understand, then I'm better off without them in the long run. Very true...its my business and I'm only human. I need some r and r and personal time too! Thanks guys for the perspective... You rock! We got an nice comraderie on lawnsite...we need to unionize lawn care so we never have to drop our gates for less than $40 a lawn! Let's organize this!
I would love to get the minimum rate up around here. Im pushing upwards of $35 for a 15-20 min lawn and I still see guys around here advertising $25-$30. Everyone says Im high.

Chevy trucks, Exmark Lazers, enclosed trailers.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Rate

How about the guys here @ $15.00
Old 07-13-2014, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Just my two cents, but maybe consider hiring some help. Even one reliable part time guy that you could call in to help you out. This would take some of the work stress off of you and help out a LOT I would think. Just a thought. Good luck - a LOT of us struggle with this issue.....
Old 07-17-2014, 10:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
Quote:
A lot of people don't understand that on here. They work 7 days a week 90 hours a week and don't "have time" for anything else
Posted via Mobile Device
True. Gotta keep things in perspective. We only spend so much time on this earth. My business is my baby, but my family is my family and have my back... They are my people.