The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-24-2014, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Member

walker mower?

what do you think of walker mowers
are they worth it is the material commotion a good design how do they last
are they worth the money
just may consider getting one one day do they work great for leaves?
would you own one? how well do they mow?
whats good about them whats bad about them?
Old 08-24-2014, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Leaves they do great, they have the best looking stripe out there which high end clients want and will pay for. We'll worth it, a lot of guys use them here in VA.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I not only own a MT26 GHS but I have also operated Walker Mowers since the mid 1990's.

I am absolutely in love with Walker Mowers, the Walker company, and anything to do with Walker Mowers.

You want to talk Walker?

Hope you don't have anything scheduled for the near future because I can talk Walker all day long...

The GHS design is unbelievable for collecting grass, leaves, and debris.

Don't have a need for collection?

The B and H series mowers are amazing as well with the H series in particular making a bigger push to gain some of the mid mount market share.

It's hard to beat the QOC that an out-front deck can produce.

Don't forget that these are not just lawn mowers, they are power units that can be instantly changed to handle snow removal, dethatching, aerating, bed edging, large capacity blowing, light bucket work, sweeping, and more.

A new MT26 GHS with a 48 inch deck will run you about 13G's

That same model in a diesel will run you about 15.5G's

The B and H series are running from 9-12G's

But, there are plenty of well maintained used machines out there if you are willing to drive a bit or hunt one down. These machines have probably they highest re-sale value out there and it's not unusual to see units with 4000 hours. Nor is it unusual to see older Walkers that have been re-powered time and time again.

If you are looking for a new Walker and want to find a dealer, or if you want to educate yourself further and watch some videos... Go to www.walkermowers.com

If you want to see some pricing on really good used models, go to ... www.emmettequipment.com

What are some other questions or issues that are on your mind?
Old 08-25-2014, 03:06 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I describe walkers like a High maintenance girl friend.

You get out of them what you put into them.

If you ride mowers hard and put them away wet (or you allow your employees to)
get a scag, and stay far a way from walkers.

Walker mowers are high maintenance/attention to detail machines (B and H models less so)
Old 08-25-2014, 08:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

This is one of those threads where it would be helpful if the OP had filled out their profile, so that their general location shows up.

I am in Northeast Texas. Last year I was looking into buying a Walker or a Grasshopper with dump from the seat grass collection. I had a heck of a time finding a stocking dealer in this part of the world. In the course of trying to do so, I found plenty of Grasshopper dealers and stumbled across a used Grashopper with 61" deck and dump from the seat collector with only 250 hours and bought for a fair price.

The closest dealer I could find was in the Oklahoma City area. I called and talked to him and he was very knowledgable and helpful, but he was also over 200 miles away. He told me a lot, but I remember two things that he told me. He warned me away from a liquid cooled Walker for various reasons and he told me that they are slow. People on this forum also told me that they are slow.

All this said, I am still intriqued by the Walker products and wish there were a dealer in my area.