Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-06-2006, 07:09 PM
sheshovel's Avatar
sheshovel sheshovel is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: zone 7 CA
Posts: 5,120
I'm going to redo the mother completely.
{Quote Dirty Water}

Oh really now? So what you are saying is it is easier to REPLACE the whole thing rather than fix it?
Is that what you are saying here Dirty?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-06-2006, 07:13 PM
Dirty Water's Avatar
Dirty Water Dirty Water is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshovel
I'm going to redo the mother completely.
{Quote Dirty Water}

Oh really now? So what you are saying is it is easier to REPLACE the whole thing rather than fix it?
Is that what you are saying here Dirty?
Your inexperience amazes me.

I'm not going to justify that ignorant troll post with explanation, but I bet someone else might.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-07-2006, 03:14 AM
sheshovel's Avatar
sheshovel sheshovel is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: zone 7 CA
Posts: 5,120
That was not a troll post, I posted it to make a point to you. You slammed me for replacing old drip line systems if they had more than a few easily repaired breaks and bad emitters. I said it was easier to just replace the whole line with new. You did not agree with me and I have been relentlessly teased about that ever since.
Now you say it is easier to just re-build this valve set up than to fix it. I am simply trying to say to you SEE?
Sometimes it IS the best way to handle things like that.
You find an old lousy valve install that is leaking/ I find an old lousy drip install that's leaking.
I decide to replace rather than attempt a long drawn out repair/ You decide to replace rather than attempt a hassling with it.
Same thing in method Dirty is what I mean.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-07-2006, 11:17 PM
Dirty Water's Avatar
Dirty Water Dirty Water is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,802
Sorry SheShovel, but there is no comparison between rebuilding a valve manifold that is cracked in the middle and replacing a drip line that only needs a few cuts fixed and a few plugged emmitors changed.

There is no FIX for a manifold of that sort, the only FIX is to REPLACE it, and I'll use the valves over, so I'll only be using some new fittings, and two valve boxes (I won't build it like the original)


Try again, perhaps after you actually do real irrigation work.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-07-2006, 11:22 PM
PurpHaze's Avatar
PurpHaze PurpHaze is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 6,306
Ooooo-loonnnngg!!! Now you've done it Jon. You'll piss her off REAL good and she'll come down the hill to thump on ME just because I'm closest.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-07-2006, 11:24 PM
Dirty Water's Avatar
Dirty Water Dirty Water is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpHaze
Ooooo-loonnnngg!!! Now you've done it Jon. You'll piss her off REAL good and she'll come down the hill to thump on ME just because I'm closest.
She is welcome to come out here, I'll show her how to manifold valves
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-09-2006, 03:04 AM
sheshovel's Avatar
sheshovel sheshovel is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: zone 7 CA
Posts: 5,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Water
Sorry SheShovel, but there is no comparison between rebuilding a valve manifold that is cracked in the middle and replacing a drip line that only needs a few cuts fixed and a few plugged emmitors changed.

There is no FIX for a manifold of that sort, the only FIX is to REPLACE it, and I'll use the valves over, so I'll only be using some new fittings, and two valve boxes (I won't build it like the original)


Try again, perhaps after you actually do real irrigation work.
But remember I said they were old lines I was replacing, not just ones with a few holes and plugged emmitors.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:07 AM.

Page generated in 0.08187 seconds with 10 queries