Register free!

Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hog and Deer Hunting Season at Cecil Webb Wildlife Management area 65,000 acre preserve has closed for this Year. 68 Deer and 58 hogs were taken this year. The Largest Deer was 148 Lb which is pretty good size for south Florida deer. Most run 65 to 100 pounds.

58 Hogs is Low. Most years more than twice that amount are shot in the Wildlife area. No I didn't go hunting with the Hoard of people At the wildlife management area. I have a few spots I can hunt year round without a Thousand hunters. I do use their Rifle range and was there Monday sighting in a New Scope on a old Gun.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old Yesterday, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Always figure i will take the shot if the opportunity presents itself but dont specifically go hunting for them.
Old Today, 10:14 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuttingEdge LawnCare View Post
Always figure i will take the shot if the opportunity presents itself but dont specifically go hunting for them.
You got to Hunt Hogs, they are very smart animals. However once you find them, it is like shooting Clay targets. If I see fresh hog rooting I bait the area and let them have a buffet for several days. You can actually scare them off at that point. Finally I set up a stand 50 yard down wind and hope for the best. If you get a real clean head kill it doesn't scare off the other hogs and you can keep shooting. I use a suppressor which helps.

For some reason this is the only Picture I could up load today. I have posted these pictures in the Florida forum before.
Attached Images

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.