Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-30-2013, 10:05 AM
agrostis agrostis is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Winston-Salem NC
Posts: 1,706
Water as a Commodity

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily...144114830.html
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-02-2013, 06:28 AM
mitchgo's Avatar
mitchgo mitchgo is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 2,650
It makes sense.

Water is only going to get more scarce and more regulations with higher prices will kick in.

This needs to be done, as much as no one really wants this or wants to even deal with it.

Every summer water is a scarcity to several Rural towns through out the country . Eventually this will take effect many metropolitan area's. It's hard on some on people now.. but at the moment water is still like breathing air to most.. It's just there

My great aunt lives in Athens, Greece.. Everytime she comes her when she showers- She only turns the water on to rinse. The water runs for less then 1 min. She made me do this when we visited over there too.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchgo View Post
It makes sense.

Water is only going to get more scarce and more regulations with higher prices will kick in.

This needs to be done, as much as no one really wants this or wants to even deal with it.

Every summer water is a scarcity to several Rural towns through out the country . Eventually this will take effect many metropolitan area's. It's hard on some on people now.. but at the moment water is still like breathing air to most.. It's just there

My great aunt lives in Athens, Greece.. Everytime she comes her when she showers- She only turns the water on to rinse. The water runs for less then 1 min. She made me do this when we visited over there too.
......................
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-02-2013, 10:36 AM
ELS Landscape's Avatar
ELS Landscape ELS Landscape is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Grand Prairie, Texas
Posts: 694
Ask T. Boone Pickens he is buying West Texas water rights.

In general we waste about 25 to 30% of our potable water with poorly performing irrigation systems.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-02-2013, 03:08 PM
agrostis agrostis is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Winston-Salem NC
Posts: 1,706
What stood out to me was 1.7 trillion gallon's leaked, that's a lot of water. Leak detection is going to get bigger and bigger.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-03-2013, 04:05 PM
ELS Landscape's Avatar
ELS Landscape ELS Landscape is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Grand Prairie, Texas
Posts: 694
Fix a leak week is in March
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-03-2013, 04:39 PM
1idejim's Avatar
1idejim 1idejim is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: State of Jefferson
Posts: 6,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrostis View Post
What stood out to me was 1.7 trillion gallon's leaked, that's a lot of water. Leak detection is going to get bigger and bigger.
That's why my focus on leak detection and locating. One day a months disposable income could vanish in a few days of uncontrolled water loss.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-03-2013, 04:51 PM
grandview (2006)'s Avatar
grandview (2006) grandview (2006) is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lancaster N.Y.
Posts: 3,474
Just stay away from my Great Lakes!
__________________
www.grandviewlandscaping.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-04-2013, 09:07 AM
AI Inc's Avatar
AI Inc AI Inc is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern NH
Posts: 21,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandview (2006) View Post
Just stay away from my Great Lakes!
too late. They already dump 8 million gallons a yr of untreated raw sewerage into lake erie.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:31 PM
grandview (2006)'s Avatar
grandview (2006) grandview (2006) is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lancaster N.Y.
Posts: 3,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Inc View Post
too late. They already dump 8 million gallons a yr of untreated raw sewerage into lake erie.
Damn right, I drain the lizard and it goes into the lake and the Canadians use for drinking water!
__________________
www.grandviewlandscaping.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:58 AM.

Page generated in 0.07688 seconds with 10 queries