Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-19-2014, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

another software recomendation thread...

My ideal requirements in software:

easy to use (no-brainer)
sync between 2 or 3 computers
be able to use use off-line in the field, then connect online at the end of the day (or something like that) but still be able to generate estimates/ invoices/ whatever off-line
automatic invoice sending (so I don't have to hit the "send" button 100 times a week for all my mowing invoices)

ideas anyone?

FYI, don't really like the idea of the "monthly pay" programs... seems like an aweful lot of money over time for it... but still open to suggestions
Old 07-21-2014, 10:02 AM
Sponsor

Good morning Peek, Our product is as easy to use and basic as you want it to be or as detailed oriented as you want it. You can sync it between multiple desktops at one time on the same account as well as have the mobile interface in the field to communicate between employees as well as the home office. It is in real time, so information is always updated. As far as the automated invoice sending, you can run reports by variance which will cut out the constantly "send button" taps that you do every week. We are always updating based on suggestions of our clients and creating new items. Scheduling basically runs itself and color codes accordingly. WE do have a monthly billing cycle, however with that being said, we can discuss a one time option based on your company if that works out better for you. At any rate we do have a free trial with no credit card required, so check it out and let me know what you think. Any suggestions or comments are welcome. You can reach me any time day or night if you have any questions!

TurfWizard
Tyler Walls
Sales & Marketing Executive
(203) 888-1903 Ext. 104
http://www.turfwizardllc.com
Old 07-24-2014, 07:43 AM
LawnSite Member

www.realgreen.com

Hands down the best IMO.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:14 PM
Sponsor

We have it all except the automated invoice/billing. That one is in "coming soon" status. We are free and work great with the field though. Worth a look. Run it through my three trucks and they love it.
Office: 800-647-1951
Locqus - Free Field Service Management
Proud owner of Shamrock Landscaping LLC
Old 07-26-2014, 07:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Loqus, doesn't the free version only come with 2gig space to use? I mean, how much is that? Or can you store client files and stuff in a hard drive on your computer? Also, are there ads like yardbook? That's the reason I don't like that software.
Halucheslandscapes, I'll check them out. I couldn't find a guide pricing on their website though, can you give me a rough idea of what we're talking?
Old 07-26-2014, 07:56 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Real green is expensive and monthly. Plus a setup fee

I use jobber

There's always quick books
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-28-2014, 10:23 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeklandscaping View Post
Loqus, doesn't the free version only come with 2gig space to use? I mean, how much is that? Or can you store client files and stuff in a hard drive on your computer? Also, are there ads like yardbook? That's the reason I don't like that software.
Halucheslandscapes, I'll check them out. I couldn't find a guide pricing on their website though, can you give me a rough idea of what we're talking?

Morning!

There are no ads on our software no. The 2 gig space is for pictures (about 810 pics), signatures, and note storage only. The rest of the storage (ie customer info, routes, billing, etc.) is unlimited. You can always cleanup your storage by deleting old pictures etc. as you go along.

We wont have you running your company and suddenly lock you out for a storage issue, that would be silly. The storage is only for attachments.

We are working on an export feature currently for customer info while including their attachments (notes, signatures, pictures, etc).

I have been running it through my company and have not had any issues with storage so far and we have been running it all year.
Office: 800-647-1951
Locqus - Free Field Service Management
Proud owner of Shamrock Landscaping LLC
Old 07-29-2014, 10:41 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeklandscaping View Post
My ideal requirements in software:

easy to use (no-brainer)
sync between 2 or 3 computers
be able to use use off-line in the field, then connect online at the end of the day (or something like that) but still be able to generate estimates/ invoices/ whatever off-line
automatic invoice sending (so I don't have to hit the "send" button 100 times a week for all my mowing invoices)

ideas anyone?

FYI, don't really like the idea of the "monthly pay" programs... seems like an aweful lot of money over time for it... but still open to suggestions
Hi peek! Throwing the MHelpDesk hat into the ring here http://mhelpdesk.com/landscaping-software/ . We've got a graphic user interface, which just means that it all looks like index cards and folders, and is really intuitive to use. Yes, we can do automatic invoicing, scheduling (even synch to Google Calendar), we have a phone app that you can use on the road and even take payments, and you can get a digital signature from the customer for change orders. They just sign with their finger or a stylus, right on the touch screen. There's a free two-week trial period, and we've got techs online during business hours to show you around the program. I think you'll like it, and the cost varies depending on how much customization and how many accounts you need. Sounds like your situation would be very low-cost.

Watch a 2-minute demo!

Email: ryan@mhelpdesk.com
Web: www.mhelpdesk.com
Phone: 888-558-6275