LawnSite Member

Can I please also get a copy of The contract
So that I may study it
Thank you
Jaimeangegil@yahoo.com
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-17-2015, 01:52 PM
LawnSite Member

I would also like a copy of the contract. Its nice to read other contracts and see if i need to add any items on my own. Please send it to todd20318@hotmail.com
Old 03-20-2015, 01:28 PM
LawnSite Member

I wouldn't mind reading a copy if it isn't to much trouble... I have been working on this myself and would love to see what you have worked out. E-mail is heartandsoillawncare@gmail.com .... Thanks!
Old 03-22-2015, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Contract

Would love to join the crowd in asking for a copy of the contact. Email to
fhservicesinc@yahoo.com Thanks
Old 03-23-2015, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Member

We implemented a similar plan this year with a couple exceptions.

There is no contract, simply an agreement stating services and charges. Obviously there is a signature required, but no lock in. Scared a lot less customers. I feel that anyone who plans on getting their lawn looking nice at the beginning of the year and firing the contractor to take care of it themselves is not going to bother with the agreement. We have seen acceptance rates lowered, but overall we are getting the better lawns/clients. It eliminates a lot of the red flag clients.

DO NOT POST A YEARLY TOTAL. As soon as I removed this, I noticed acceptance rates skyrocket. Apparently no one does math. I have had some clients tell me that there is no way they would spend this much a year even though I tell them it is equal to previous years totals. The monthly totals are a lot less intimidating.

Prepare for a lot of questions and follow ups if you do this. Sometimes you have to walk people through it as they are used to just paying as they go. Setting everything up ahead of time sounds tedious to some clients.

To find the monthly total, do as the other posters said. Bid it line itemed and divide by the number of months. Our residential clients are typically on a 9 month payment plan as there is not a lot to do in the Winter here.
To make my life easier, I prepared 3 different packages. They range from just mowing, to mowing,fert, and aerate, to taking care of the entire property. Every client is squeezed into one of these categories. Sometimes I customize them, but if you are good at selling, you can make a picky client fit into one of the packages.

We do offer a discount, 5%, but thats nothing compared to having an monthly budget and knowing all of your services a head of time. Past years I was sick and tired of rerouting or visiting the same neighborhoods over and over because some people are slow to schedule an aeration. It also streamlines invoicing. All invoices are now reoccurring and set up once in the Spring.

Its scary at first, but well worth it. Just make sure you keep your existing clients happy by helping them understand the new changes and know that they are paying the same amount as before and sound confident to the prospects. I tell existing clients that it keeps them from paying $700 in the Fall and $150 in the Summer. Spreading it out budgets it for them and makes my life easier. The prospects just need a little follow up, but after the Spring fever, you will notice that having all services scheduled up front keeps the phones from ringing all the damn time.

God I ramble. Hope that makes sense
Old 04-20-2015, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Member

http://www.shadetree-landscaping.com...lawn-care.html
That's how we do it. Helps us out with cash flow, helps customers budget as its a fixed price each month. Usually most people get it, always get a few who have tons of questions.

With regards to the contract, absolutely! Is worded as an agreement to customers as it sounds better but at end of the day it is a contract. Wouldn't do any work without one, and I mean any work! Will bring to court for $100 or more, this is a business and treated as such. What I mean by that is it costs me money to show up, tools, trucks etc, so if 5 "customers" each owe you $100 over course of a season at the end of the day that's a truck payment right there! Last year put an admin fee in for anyone brought to court to cover our time going to court house, post office etc. I never understood why people let "customers" get away with not paying.

Tags
billing , contract , monthly , yearly