Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-27-2014, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

so, does anyone know what the actual name will be? are they keeping both entities separate? merge both names?
Old 05-27-2014, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbell36 View Post
so, does anyone know what the actual name will be? are they keeping both entities separate? merge both names?
Keeping them both. It'll be Brickman after a while I'm sure
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-29-2014, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think that after what happened with the Tru Green / Land Care USA nonsense that went on in the late 90's both Valley Crest and Brickman know what is as stake with this merger. I would be hard pressed to say that they will rush into any kind of sudden and drastic changes. I do think however that there will be a lot of cuts to overlapping management positions within about the first year or once the dust settles. These private equity firms are in the business of making money and generating a return for their partners and investors so you can be certain that they are going to work to wring out every last cent of unnecessary overhead from this newly merged operation. I see this whole merger as a plus for some of the larger regional players and even smaller companies like mine. There is going to be some good talent that is let go by this newly created company and I'm fairly certain that in some regions the quality of their work and the strength of their client relationships will suffer as they work to merge the two operations. This will create a chance for the regional players to pick up some new clients. Brickman just moved into the Los Angeles market last year whey they acquired Dworsky Services, so I know very little about the way that they operate. I know plenty about Valley Crest and their hit or miss quality on large commercial maintenance. It's very easy to take jobs from Valley Crest in certain regions. The competition is healthy enough in most of the big markets around the country that I don't think that anybody really has anything to worry about. Big companies like this don't worry me. It's the guy who has no idea what he is doing that thinks he's a big shot and runs around giving away services just to get the work. Those are the guys who make things difficult.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

They've already stated everything is staying intact at least for a while.

Honestly valley crest is no where near Brickman before they merged. Brickman is a very powerful company. People put them down on here, but really it's a modern power house.

They also acquired us lawns. So that's more revuene

Black stone owns a little bit of everything. They own some of toys r us as well.

It's like they're trying to be the new Berkshire lol
Posted via Mobile Device