Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-03-2015, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Is there a simple way you guys know of to get a payment option on my website? Currently using Braintree and epayments but it'd be nice to allow anyone with a paper bill to pay online as well
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-06-2015, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I finally scheduled all my "jobs" yesterday, but then this morning (work day) found that I also have to "assign" each task to someone (me) in order to show up on the schedule, and I have to set it as a recurring task/job and this has to be done ONE BY ONE? There's no way to assign ALL jobs to one person? I thought I was done when I had everything scheduled, now I'm having to spend another hour or more assigning all the jobs to myself. Am I missing something? Tried to find info in the help section but everything deals with businesses that NEED to assign every job to a different person. I know I can fairly quickly drag and drop each job onto the calendar in grid view, but that only schedules them for that one week. Next week it would have to be done again... So it's a multi step/click process to assign each one.

Background, all of my jobs are recurring for 8 months, starting April 1. (all mowing, mostly weekly, some every other week).

Other question, how difficult is it going to be to add extra things to certain customers invoices? Replacing a sprinkler, or spraying weeds for example? Will those added items show up on the same invoice as the scheduled jobs? Also, has there been any fix to the issue with recurring (same) jobs, mowing for example, that occur 4 to 5 times per month showing up as 4 to 5 different line items on the invoice instead of just adding to the quantity, and thusly making the invoice print as multiple pages?

Last edited by Jason Rose; 04-06-2015 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Okay, another question. Is there a way to DELETE a job, say a lawn is scheduled for today, but doesn't need mowed, from the mobile app? I can just not select it as done, but then the next day is it not going to keep showing up as incomplete?

Also, is there any way to EDIT the billed job once it has been marked complete? For example, one today we only did half of it, and I need to be able to change the mowing price for this one time, but not for every other visit in the future. I can't even find a way to do that on my computer...
Old 04-07-2015, 05:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Rose View Post
Okay, another question. Is there a way to DELETE a job, say a lawn is scheduled for today, but doesn't need mowed, from the mobile app? I can just not select it as done, but then the next day is it not going to keep showing up as incomplete?

Also, is there any way to EDIT the billed job once it has been marked complete? For example, one today we only did half of it, and I need to be able to change the mowing price for this one time, but not for every other visit in the future. I can't even find a way to do that on my computer...
in the mobile app, from the dashboard if you click on a job/task scheduled for the day, you can delete just that job for that day. You may have to click edit(can't remember) and then scroll down to. You can also easily reassign jobs to the next day or whatever and then save it again. It will show the date as today when you go in and edit. I've been doing that frequently the past few days since not every yard has needed cut yet
Old 04-13-2015, 08:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawakx125 View Post
Is there a simple way you guys know of to get a payment option on my website? Currently using Braintree and epayments but it'd be nice to allow anyone with a paper bill to pay online as well
Posted via Mobile Device
I know they have teamed up with square and customers will see a link when you email them an invoice. It does work really well
Old 04-13-2015, 08:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landgreen View Post
I would like to suggest a way to streamline invoicing. After creating an invoice and want to print it, the save button is clicked, then click mark sent, then print button. Why not combine all three? It can be part of the drop down on the save button.

It's not a big deal but it gets annoying after a while. I know the batch option would help but it seems adding the multifunction button would be a simple add on? IIRC quickbooks has/had a similar button.
I agree 100% on this and have given them feedback a few months ago about this. Its not a big deal but it is a few extra steps to take. When you hit the print button it should mark it as sent and take you to the print screen.