Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-07-2013, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

agree..

you know what your dealing with more than us- if he is a 'pain' and/or is just being a pin-head on what you know is right- I'd say by-by too. The situation isn't going to get better. I really doubt your relationship with him will ever be a solid one after this and You don't need the extra stress. 'Trust' is a big part of it- being in part that your telling the truth-you know what your doing, you will do a good job each and every time..ect..ect. That trust isn't there it appears, or if was isn't anymore. And I imagine you'd be wondering what his 'next' big thing would be every time you show up to mow. Being implemented that your lying to him in it's self is enough to move on, let alone the other. Sometimes money just has to take the back burner and do what you know is the right thing to do. Couple weeks down the road things will be just fine and who knows.. might even get a replacement account right away.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:14 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

You think you have it hard, you think your job is thankless?
Try working in a prison, you want to talk hopeless feelings?

You think I have never felt like throwing in the towel, f this and f that and fu too?
EVERY DAY sometimes!

Don't take it personal, customers say what they say but to them it's as serious as choosing whether to go to Home Depot or Lowe's, and in that sense they are not concerned about our feelings here. To us it may seem awful personal but that's because we're the owners, truth is they are not concerned about your feelings or mine and what I mean is they weren't trying to hurt you, customers just doing what customers do.

That's why we grow a thick skin, didn't you go through hard times, because I did, boy that recession thickened my skin right on up.
And that thick skin is there so we can just let that stuff roll right off.

That's all there is to it, customer like that, let them think what they want to think.
Man asked if the neighbor's is cut shorter, you said no...
Now the man still seems to think that it is being cut shorter, well so be it.
You said no, he thinks yes, the trick here is to let it go at that.
It's called agreeing to disagree.

No I know it ain't always that easy (oh you can believe me I KNOW) but don't quit, don't fire them.
If anything let it be the customer who goes off hiring someone else.
We just come in, cut it and get paid.
Don't even have to cut it shorter, just cut it, that's all any Lco has to do.

Last edited by herler; 07-07-2013 at 01:21 PM.