Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-31-2014, 10:24 AM
Sponsor

^^ Homeowners said they would'nt cover anything because it was on a trailer meant for moving house to house. I was'nt trying to use homeowners to cover me at the time, I didnt even really know I needed insurance. I was a really small operation, 40 houses tops, and I was getting crazy quotes in the thousands to cover my equipment and liability. I was 19 and dumb. Did the research and eventually got the coverage I needed for a decent price, just sucks to learn the hard way. All your words ring true though.
Office: 800-647-1951
Locqus - Free Field Service Management
Proud owner of Shamrock Landscaping LLC
Old 06-04-2014, 10:24 AM
LawnSite Member

That's just sick. Hope you recover.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Were you ever able to recover any of the equipment. I live down in Braselton, but hit the pawn shops and flea markets often looking for deals on professional equipment. I also look at craigslist often. Its been a few months, but if you had serial numbers or anything like that, I would gladly keep your stuff in mind.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Member

reminds me to go and take some pics of my serial numbers
Old 06-09-2014, 10:56 AM
Sponsor

Sadly no, stuff is long gone, along with both trailers. Serials won't help much, they will probably machine them off. Appreciate it though, and at the time I did not think to have those on me :/. Hard lesson learned. The two trailers still floating out there I have the #s for so hopefully if they get a random pull over I will get a call that they found em. I checked craigslist and thought I found em a couple times but was not the case. I hear they ship it out of state as soon as they can or chop em up. Thanks to all who feel for those who have been hit, it helps. Special place in my heart for all those that can relate.

We are on the road to recovery, should be break even this year actually with all the debt we had from 2009. All the spite and anger at the time sadly gave me the jump to pitch Locqus to my partner and here we are. All the trucks run OBD trackers in em now and we are working on mower tracking next year. Bitter sweet and funny how things turn out. In a position to make sure it does'nt happen to other companies and help my lawn boys overcome that hit we all took.
Office: 800-647-1951
Locqus - Free Field Service Management
Proud owner of Shamrock Landscaping LLC