Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-09-2014, 02:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Not sure how prevalent they are in your area but target HOA planned communitys. They usually have similar sized lots so you can skip bidding and looking at properties and just advertise a set price for something like this. I used to advertise on the community facebook and on their website and newsletter, now its all just word of mouth.

By advertising a price people know exactly what they are getting upfront, your transparent and its less work for you. Some properties i feel i should charge less some i feel i should charge more so it all comes out in a wash.

If you can target neighborhoods like this being full time if you can get your customers on service contracts and/or mowing contracts and lump them by development you can hit a neighborhood a day ad make a killing. Word spreads like wildfire in these community's (both good and bad) Just have to get your foot in the door.

LOTS of my single call outs are because the HOA ticketed them for not keeping their yard up to standard so i pick up business that way. i also have at one point or another done work on all the board members houses. so if they get asked i get all the referrals.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post

Need license in MD for fertilizer aplication so i only do granular and only apply whats available to homeowners and word the contract that basically they are paying me to spread the fertilizer they bought
Don't advertise this. Against the rules.

www.JonsLawnsMD.com
Old 10-09-2014, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post

Need license in MD for fertilizer aplication so i only do granular and only apply whats available to homeowners and word the contract that basically they are paying me to spread the fertilizer they bought

Still against the law even if they actually did buy it. You are still being paid to apply it and you need the license regardless.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 10-09-2014, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

To get back to your original point, the lawns that I have aerated, fertilized and seeded are growing like crazy. I followed up with an 18-0-3 roughly a month later. It looks the the beginning of May not October. Soil temps have remained in the sweet spot for growth.

None of these customers are calling me to skip a week, and their lawns make a good advertisement for the neighbors to see.

And I am licensed to apply fertilizers and pesticides.

Last edited by oqueoque; 10-09-2014 at 09:49 PM. Reason: license info