Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-29-2014, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbljack View Post
Not sure if I ever posted in here before....but definilty in texas. I figured Id post here so yall can help me keep an eye out for my stolen equipment. Check my signature below for the list of items, and PM me if you think you see any of it...especially the Exmark Z Series 52 inch EFI.

Regarding Christmas light installs, I have done my own house for years, but had two customers recently ask about installs. One of them is a commercial customer. Im in West Texas, and could really use some advice about this service before getting in too deep. They wanted a bid from me, and I held off until I could do more research. If anyone is willing to help out with that, and maybe how you price this service, id really appreciate it. PM's are fine if you don't want to put the info out there, and I understand that too.

Thanks in advance,
rob
Just seeing your question now. I landed about 26 new customers and about 64K in sales not including the take downs that start in just about a week. With take downs I may be close to $75K.

I also made the bump to the first page of Google organically after the install season was over and was featured in Hot On Austin. If next year is a repeat I'm going to be getting closer to 100K in sales.

Now after the take downs it's time to start lawn top dressing which will keep me busy until April. I am the number #1 organic search result for lawn top dressing in Austin. I raised prices by 15% and Diesel is way down so this should be a good season. My goal for lawn top dressing is to crack 50K.

I didn't become #1 on Google until the top dressing season was 2/3rds over last year. Not really sure what to expect for how crazy it might get this year. I already landed a $2300 job in the last week in Cedar Park.

I also plan to go full steam ahead on pushing landscape lighting this year. I would like to do 20K+ in sales but have no idea if I can hit that goal. My ultimate goal is to grow lighting to be closer to a 50-100K service.
Owner- David

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 01-09-2015, 10:14 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I know Hope got on the holiday lighting band wagon on here last year. Take downs is where the real money is often made. To give you guys a sample of the revenue you can bring in the other day we worked 33.08 hours and generated $2697 in sales. That is $81.52 per man hour for the day. That's around a $2100 profit on just labor.

I'm getting landscape maintenance work, landscape work, and landscape lighting work from my new holiday lighting customers. The type of people you target for holiday lighting are the type of people who often have disposable income to do other projects as well.

I had to snap a shot of this frozen fountain in a area where we were working.
Attached Images

Owner- David

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/