Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-10-2015, 01:12 AM
LawnSite Member

I called BluePay and Open Edge to ask about their rates, and Open Edge just seemed to be more honest and up front. The lady I spoke with told me "these are our rates, but if you find a better rate somewhere, we'll match it!"

So, open edge has $0.18 per transaction at 2.00% for Visa, Master, and Discover, and 3.5% (no per transaction fee) for AmEx. Also, no monthly fees, but there is a minimum of $25 in % fees that must be met..

BP has $30 in monthly fees. $0.20 per transaction on Visa, Master, and Discover.. 1.79% for debit, 1.99% for credit.. And 2.75% (I think) for AmEx.

So, OE has more expensive % rates, but no set monthly fee. That's why I think they're the better option.

My question for anyone using.. What are your rates? Cause I'd like to get my rates as low as possible, so if I can use "we have our rates at *.**% with so-and-so", then they'll match. I'd rather use a real rate I stead of make one up. Keeps my conscious clear, even though I'm still being a cheap ass!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-10-2015, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSMUTAH View Post
I called BluePay and Open Edge to ask about their rates, and Open Edge just seemed to be more honest and up front. The lady I spoke with told me "these are our rates, but if you find a better rate somewhere, we'll match it!"

So, open edge has $0.18 per transaction at 2.00% for Visa, Master, and Discover, and 3.5% (no per transaction fee) for AmEx. Also, no monthly fees, but there is a minimum of $25 in % fees that must be met..

BP has $30 in monthly fees. $0.20 per transaction on Visa, Master, and Discover.. 1.79% for debit, 1.99% for credit.. And 2.75% (I think) for AmEx.

So, OE has more expensive % rates, but no set monthly fee. That's why I think they're the better option.

My question for anyone using.. What are your rates? Cause I'd like to get my rates as low as possible, so if I can use "we have our rates at *.**% with so-and-so", then they'll match. I'd rather use a real rate I stead of make one up. Keeps my conscious clear, even though I'm still being a cheap ass!
Posted via Mobile Device
When i asked about CC they sent me to Paypros 1.59% + $.15 per swipe If you keyed them in it was 1.99% + $.15 per transaction and no per month fee but they didn't say any thing about these other CO>
Old 02-11-2015, 03:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLES CUE View Post
When i asked about CC they sent me to Paypros 1.59% + $.15 per swipe If you keyed them in it was 1.99% + $.15 per transaction and no per month fee but they didn't say any thing about these other CO>
That sounds good. So what would they class the auto charge in sap? A swipe?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-11-2015, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie-Gardener View Post
That sounds good. So what would they class the auto charge in sap? A swipe?
Posted via Mobile Device
No, it's keyed in, so it's 1.99%. They gave me the same swipe rates, but since we rarely swipe cards for mowing services, I didn't find the rates relevant.
Posted via Mobile Device