Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-09-2014, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
Absolutely, agree!
I knew you would agree...I just had a young boy deliver my fuel injected Super Z back from my dealer. He is brand new at his job of delivering and asked me if it was possible for a mower to cut grass at the speed my mower would run. I told him to watch, then took the mower out into the back yard and cut four straight passes at full speed. He was watching very intently, when I pulled up to where he was standing he said, "I've never seen anything cut grass that fast, and cannot believe there is not a blade left standing, it is cut perfectly."

I asked him if he had ever operated a Super Z in grass and he told me no, all he did was drive them around on the yard and deliver. I stepped off the mower and told him to give it a try, he jumped on and took off, mowed a few passes, then came back and said, "there is no way a person can believe that possible unless experiencing it." I told him that was why I gave him the opportunity, so he would know without doubt a Super Z can cut grass perfectly at top speed.

He also made the statement, "I don't know how old this mower is, but I've never operated any new mower we sell that starts and runs as good as this mower." I said, "now you can understand why I say this engine is far superior to the Kawasaki I have sitting in your shop waiting on a new camshaft."
Old 05-09-2014, 02:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
... probably too late to answer this but... just in case it comes up in a search...

Kawasaki is using the new standard to rate its engines. I do not think Kholer has yet to start using them. This will result in them being almost the same rating. Typically Kawaski's dropped 3-4 HP when they started using the newer more accurate in real world methodology. But kudo's to them for doing so. But apples to apples your probably closer than you think.
Kawasaki's - Japanese Quality Made

Kohler - Made in USA with Chinese crap

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)
Old 05-09-2014, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&M Lawncare View Post
Kawasaki's - Japanese Quality Made

Kohler - Made in USA with Chinese crap
Obviously, you didn't research your statement, before making it. Nor, have you worked in a capacity involving small engines.

'13 Hustler X-ONE, 60", Kohler ECV749 EFI
'05 Hustler FasTrak, 42", Honda GXV530
'13 Toro Timemaster 30"
'02 Lawn Boy SilverPro 21"
Stihl BR600 blower
Stihl BG55 blower
Stihl FS55R trimmer
Stihl KM55R Kombi system
Stihl MS180C chain saw
Stihl HS45 hedge trimmer
RedMax Reciprocator
Echo SRM225 trimmer
Echo GT-2000 trimmer
Gravely WB edger
Husqvarna 580BTS blower
Dolmar 245.4 string trimmer
'06 Chevrolet Silverado
'13 Bravo Star, 7'X12', V-nose
Old 05-09-2014, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I've been chatting with a guy on another forum the last few days. he has a machine with the Kohler Courage engine. That one is chinese made, and his says so right on it, but the Command series are not. I am not a big fan of Kohler these days, but fair is fair, and honest is honest.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I've been chatting with a guy on another forum the last few days. he has a machine with the Kohler Courage engine. That one is chinese made, and his says so right on it, but the Command series are not. I am not a big fan of Kohler these days, but fair is fair, and honest is honest.
Yeah, I think if one were around a shop, everyday, one would see something wrong with all of 'em. In the powersports industry, I saw a lot of Kawasaki issues with their Mules and ATVs. BMW's sportbike engines are Chinese-made and are fantastic powerplants. They reliably put out 190hp from 1000cc capacity. There are far too many variables involved to base anything simply on a nameplate or country of manufacture.

'13 Hustler X-ONE, 60", Kohler ECV749 EFI
'05 Hustler FasTrak, 42", Honda GXV530
'13 Toro Timemaster 30"
'02 Lawn Boy SilverPro 21"
Stihl BR600 blower
Stihl BG55 blower
Stihl FS55R trimmer
Stihl KM55R Kombi system
Stihl MS180C chain saw
Stihl HS45 hedge trimmer
RedMax Reciprocator
Echo SRM225 trimmer
Echo GT-2000 trimmer
Gravely WB edger
Husqvarna 580BTS blower
Dolmar 245.4 string trimmer
'06 Chevrolet Silverado
'13 Bravo Star, 7'X12', V-nose
Old 05-09-2014, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
China must make quite a few good products, Americans seem to love what is sold showing their label, "Made in China."