Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-12-2013, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Member

I wake up, chase the wife around the house for awhile. When I get tired, get a cup of coffee, say my prayers, check my schedule, take a shower, get dressed, and go outside to prep. I double check the mowers blades, oil, gas, air filters, and hour meters. Check the truck to make sure, I have enough gas, line, cleanup bags, edging blades, rakes, shovels, etc, for the day. Turn the emergency flashers on, to check the trailer lights, and finally the straps to insure everything is fasten down tight. Jump in the truck start to pull out and realize I don't have my wallet, hat, and drinks for the day. Get out, run in the house, chase the wife around one more time before I leave - just encase she might have changed her mind. Grab my stuff, and head on out. Get to my first customer, back down the mower I will be using, check the air pressure and check the blade height vs the pin setting, make any adjustments and go mow. After a long day, I come home, crawl out of the truck, walk in the house, grab two ice cold Vitamin Waters XXX and a Power C, relax a few minutes in the A/C, take a shower, then go back out and clean out the truck (Water Bottles, trash, etc.). Go back in, chase the wife around some more, eat dinner, watch some TV, play my guitar, and end the day playing a couple games of chess. AND That is the extent of my exciting life.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Woke up, fell out of bed, dragged a comb across my head....the rest of the day is easy.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

wake up around 8:30-9am. look out the window to see if it's raining or not. usually if it's raining i know before i look because my body is more tired and i feel like i could sleep all day long.

take a pee and a dump if needed, wash my hair in the sink, put in contacts, put on work clothes, sunscreen on my arms, and head downstairs.

make a big plastic cup of ice water and grab some granola bars or whatever and head outside.

check air in mower tires. they seem to only hold air for 1 day now even though there aren't any leaks in them. put blower, trimmer, edger, and sprayer if needed in back of the truck. load up ztr mower on trailer and pushmower if needed. head out to mow first yard.

mow some yards. eat lunch when i get hungry then mow more yards. when i have to pee i pee.

get done at different times every day. some days it's 1pm others 3pm and others 6pm depending on schedule. one day i had to actually stop for supper and then mow some more.

get home, unload everything back into garage, go inside and upstairs to write down everything for the day and remember that i yet again forgot to look at the mileage on my truck before i got out of it. go back outside and look at the mileage and then go back upstairs and write down how many miles i drove for the day.

take a cold shower to stop sweating. hot shower makes me sweat after the shower so no point in taking the shower if you are pouring sweat afterwards. lol

rest of the day relax, watch tv, get on computer, watch a movie, play bass guitar, or whatever.

brush my teeth, floss, take out my contacts, pee some more.

go to sleep around midnight thinking about how much i hate the "routine" of life. at least mowing is a little different each day since you are doing different yards from day to day.

i'd rather do something different every single day of my life. i hate "routine". that's why i really hated my other jobs in life like working in an auto factory. it makes you feel like a robot. might as well be one if you are gonna do the same exact thing every day of your life.