The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-02-2015, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Things are still doing OK with new jobs. I may be at 17 now and got a call to do an estimate for a new 14,000 square foot home. Should be interesting.
Owner- David

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, AOLP, NALP, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 12-03-2015, 12:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
Things are still doing OK with new jobs. I may be at 17 now and got a call to do an estimate for a new 14,000 square foot home. Should be interesting.
Let's see some pictures! Are you taking pictures with your phone or actual camera?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-03-2015, 02:14 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

In about two weeks or less I will head out with my camera ans tripod to take legit pictures. Look at the pictures on my website www.plantscapesolutions.net and it shows you the proper amount of light. Do not take picture when all traces of light are gone. You really only have about a 45 minute span at best each evening to take good pictures. I can usually only take pictures of two homes per night. Sometimes I just stay at one home for 30 minutes and take a bunch of pictures and see which on looks the best.
Owner- David

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, AOLP, NALP, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Old 12-12-2015, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Flashing

Installing flashing on a peak about 40' off the ground at Life Austin Church. The whole facade of the building had flashing making for a super easy Lite-Netics installation except for this peak.

The last time I did a flashing project I double stacked the flashing because it didn't have enough material to create a strong enough magnetic pull. This is just a single layer and I have my fingers crossed there will be no domino effect failure. Next year I will probably add another strip of metal under the flashing.
Attached Images

Owner- David

Old 12-12-2015, 12:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I doubt I will pick up any more jobs this year. At this point I have picked up 22 new jobs versus last years 25. This years average job is about double what it was last year so I have no complaints.

I also increased the installation price for my existing customers base by about $5,000 in an effort to get prices where they needed to be. This caused very few issues and went over very smoothly.

The average home I did this season was in the 1.5 million range which is exactly where I want to be.
Attached Images

Owner- David

Old 12-13-2015, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
The last time I did a flashing project I double stacked the flashing because it didn't have enough material to create a strong enough magnetic pull. This is just a single layer and I have my fingers crossed there will be no domino effect failure. Next year I will probably add another strip of metal under the flashing.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who cusses the domino failure. Many hours wasted reinstalling the fall. I noticed icicles are the most common.
Old 12-16-2015, 02:46 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I just picked up one more job to do tomorrow December 17th. I have never done any jobs this late in the month. just 8 days before Christmas. In years past by the 5th or 7th things were dead.
Owner- David