Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-15-2014, 03:04 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

All brick we use is a match to the house. In one picture the walkway isn't acid washed and another picture has an acid washed walkway. The house though has been exposed to the elements for 15 yrs in both cases. Give it a year to get dirty and it will all blend. We used to use paver bricks but didn't like the look......somewhat pink. Starting a few years ago though we go to the manufacturer down the road and match it up. Good eye though!

the patio step has treads that break the pattern and on the lower side looking back you can see the brown stone risers on the steps. I've noticed it myself in that photo as being difficult to identify but I think some of that is due to the distance the photo was taken and that it's wet.

For a SNG you need a good 12' of frame rail for the larger hoists. Depends what you're trying to do but we run 14' dumpsters mostly. Our rails are 14' for the hoist I believe.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Great thread man! awesome looking clean company trucks are sweet! how old are you if u dont mind me asking?

-- Specializing in Quality Lawn Care and Landscape Contracting--

21 Years Old
Old 11-20-2014, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I'm an old man.......approaching 31 and we are in our 9th season.

It's not that expensive to promote a clean image. It can be simply washing your trucks, a nice logo and keeping your wheels clean. For comparison, our trucks are usually about $1,300 to paint and lettering is around $500-$1,000 (wrapped box trucks are about $3,000). If you're buying toolboxes, pay a little more and get aluminum or take it a step further and get the polished stainless steel door. You won't have to worry about rust or painting them later either. If you custom build a truck, you're already buying a lot of these items (boxes, fenders etc). It's worth it to us to pay a little more for the shiny stuff and have clean/consistent looking trucks. We get a lot of compliments from customers and other people. Comes down to branding.

Plow trucks are another story. Not many of our plow trucks match.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomass View Post
I'm an old man.......approaching 31 and we are in our 9th season.

It's not that expensive to promote a clean image. It can be simply washing your trucks, a nice logo and keeping your wheels clean. For comparison, our trucks are usually about $1,300 to paint and lettering is around $500-$1,000 (wrapped box trucks are about $3,000). If you're buying toolboxes, pay a little more and get aluminum or take it a step further and get the polished stainless steel door. You won't have to worry about rust or painting them later either. If you custom build a truck, you're already buying a lot of these items (boxes, fenders etc). It's worth it to us to pay a little more for the shiny stuff and have clean/consistent looking trucks. We get a lot of compliments from customers and other people. Comes down to branding.

Plow trucks are another story. Not many of our plow trucks match.

Nice man i agree im doing that as of now trying to keep everything clean and organized. I was up at Jarods of ETW a couple weeks ago and hes the same way with clean trucks and equipment. And customers appreciate it to they dont want junk equipment and trucks parked near there houses when you are doing work for them... not a good image in my mind haha awesome company though really like everything you have

-- Specializing in Quality Lawn Care and Landscape Contracting--

21 Years Old
Old 11-21-2014, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Jarod's got a clean outfit.

Some of our team rigging up plow trucks today as we transition some of them into the next season.....snow.
Attached Images