Register free!

Old 03-19-2013, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe modern trucks don't have them. I was referring to the socket where you would put a 2 x 4 if you wanted to add plywood sides...just in case you didn't want to drill holes in the top of your fender. You would need a t-shaped bracket and something to hold up the inside side of the reel.
You will think of something.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Member

ok. i know what your talkinh about. next thing is to find the right battery setup.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-21-2013, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Run 6 gauge wire from your truck battery and keep the truck running while you're spraying to keep flow even (less juice, less flow...even if the battery doesn't run down to the point where it won't start, you'll still be off on your application rates if the voltage drops)

You're going to have a very tough time keeping preemergent in suspension with that flow and return to agitate the tank, particularly if it's a WP.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Member

I decided to go with a deep cycle battery. It worked out great today. I can get 3 hours of continuous spray. I pump agitates when the spray gun is not open. I get around 3gpm and 3gal per 1000spft with a yellow nozzle. Do you think I can spray preemergent with that flow rate or a different nozzle. I have a 3/8 hose.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

3 gallons is fine, at tip per minute/1k sq ft to flow preemergent in. Watch for sludging in the bottom of the tank to tell you if you are keeping it in suspension. If it's settling out, it won't matter what you gun rate is, the entire mix will be off.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:39 PM
Sponsor

When you are ready to upgrade let us know. We'll be glad to build you one of these...

Old 03-24-2013, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Josh, The thing I never liked about the Tuflex (style?) split tanks is that it always seemed like the fill hole was too small unless you were doing inductor fills (requiring more equipment..and common to a lot of too small fill hole tanks, really) and the sight tubes always tend to discolor and become unreadable.

I do like that you're orienting the reel the right direction and applaud the honda choice
Old 03-24-2013, 08:38 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenUtah View Post
Josh, The thing I never liked about the Tuflex (style?) split tanks is that it always seemed like the fill hole was too small unless you were doing inductor fills (requiring more equipment..and common to a lot of too small fill hole tanks, really) and the sight tubes always tend to discolor and become unreadable.

I do like that you're orienting the reel the right direction and applaud the honda choice
I bet we could go with a larger opening if needed. I've seen this filled with an overhead 3" line pumped in from a holding tank and it doesn't take long at all. Site gauges do need to be changed out every once in a while - especially when running Barricade!