Register free!


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-23-2014, 01:26 PM
WhiteRiverLawn WhiteRiverLawn is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: MO
Posts: 55
iPad and FileMaker

Very many people using iPad software in the field that is NOT web based? Maybe a custom FileMaker file for dta entry and compiling?
__________________
Tight Lines and Screamin' Reel...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-08-2014, 01:03 PM
snomaha's Avatar
snomaha snomaha is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: midwest
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRiverLawn View Post
Very many people using iPad software in the field that is NOT web based? Maybe a custom FileMaker file for dta entry and compiling?
We are in the process of developing software for our CRM/scheduling/marketing needs using Filemaker Pro as the base. Should be up and running sometime early January.

Just switched from a droid to an I phone this morning.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-09-2014, 08:49 AM
WhiteRiverLawn WhiteRiverLawn is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: MO
Posts: 55
Not a hoppin' topic since I posted in July and you're just now seeing it with no other replies between.

What do you mean by CRM?

At this point in my business, the scheduling portion of most software is of no concern for me. If it's there fine, but I don't like how most lawn industry software apps hinge upon the scheduling portion, and all entry revolves around the scheduling.

My main needs are client data specifics (lots of it!!) and being able to add "tags" and specific details, to sort that data in a way that I can analyze and show reports for different applications and treatments etc. Then take that info and turn it into a work completed data entry while on the job site on the iPad, and take that data entry and put it to an excel spreadsheet and take it directly into Quickbooks in an IFF import. (all Mac, btw)

Is this something or similar that you guy are working on? Are you an individual lawn guy, or a computer geek selling your ideas on every forum you can find?

Do you have a price point in mind? Will it be a FileMaker pro file from a server or something I purchase and can edit.

Jeff


Quote:
Originally Posted by snomaha View Post
We are in the process of developing software for our CRM/scheduling/marketing needs using Filemaker Pro as the base. Should be up and running sometime early January.

Just switched from a droid to an I phone this morning.
__________________
Tight Lines and Screamin' Reel...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-09-2014, 11:35 AM
snomaha's Avatar
snomaha snomaha is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: midwest
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRiverLawn View Post
Not a hoppin' topic since I posted in July and you're just now seeing it with no other replies between.

What do you mean by CRM?

At this point in my business, the scheduling portion of most software is of no concern for me. If it's there fine, but I don't like how most lawn industry software apps hinge upon the scheduling portion, and all entry revolves around the scheduling.

My main needs are client data specifics (lots of it!!) and being able to add "tags" and specific details, to sort that data in a way that I can analyze and show reports for different applications and treatments etc. Then take that info and turn it into a work completed data entry while on the job site on the iPad, and take that data entry and put it to an excel spreadsheet and take it directly into Quickbooks in an IFF import. (all Mac, btw)

Is this something or similar that you guy are working on? Are you an individual lawn guy, or a computer geek selling your ideas on every forum you can find?

Do you have a price point in mind? Will it be a FileMaker pro file from a server or something I purchase and can edit.

Jeff
Happened to do a search on Filemaker and came across this post.

We are a 24 year old company with 4 different divisions. Scheduling is one of our biggest pain points in the office, as well as a more robust CRM/marketing arm integrated into our software.

CRM - "customer relationship manager". To many details to list here, google CRM and you will get the gist.

Iím far from a tech person but we couldnít find any off the shelf software options that got us to more than 80% of what we wanted. Our office had demos with 6 software companies and ultimately decided to hire a development group to design our own proprietary software - using Filemaker Pro as the "base" of the system.

The initial build out of the software will be slightly more expensive then off the shelf - the ongoing maintenance fees will be considerably less per year.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:55 PM.

Page generated in 0.05727 seconds with 9 queries