Register free!

Old 07-23-2014, 01:26 PM
LawnSite Member

iPad and FileMaker

Very many people using iPad software in the field that is NOT web based? Maybe a custom FileMaker file for dta entry and compiling?
Old 12-08-2014, 01:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRiverLawn View Post
Very many people using iPad software in the field that is NOT web based? Maybe a custom FileMaker file for dta entry and compiling?
We are in the process of developing software for our CRM/scheduling/marketing needs using Filemaker Pro as the base. Should be up and running sometime early January.

Just switched from a droid to an I phone this morning.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Not a hoppin' topic since I posted in July and you're just now seeing it with no other replies between.

What do you mean by CRM?

At this point in my business, the scheduling portion of most software is of no concern for me. If it's there fine, but I don't like how most lawn industry software apps hinge upon the scheduling portion, and all entry revolves around the scheduling.

My main needs are client data specifics (lots of it!!) and being able to add "tags" and specific details, to sort that data in a way that I can analyze and show reports for different applications and treatments etc. Then take that info and turn it into a work completed data entry while on the job site on the iPad, and take that data entry and put it to an excel spreadsheet and take it directly into Quickbooks in an IFF import. (all Mac, btw)

Is this something or similar that you guy are working on? Are you an individual lawn guy, or a computer geek selling your ideas on every forum you can find?

Do you have a price point in mind? Will it be a FileMaker pro file from a server or something I purchase and can edit.

Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by snomaha View Post
We are in the process of developing software for our CRM/scheduling/marketing needs using Filemaker Pro as the base. Should be up and running sometime early January.

Just switched from a droid to an I phone this morning.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRiverLawn View Post
Not a hoppin' topic since I posted in July and you're just now seeing it with no other replies between.

What do you mean by CRM?

At this point in my business, the scheduling portion of most software is of no concern for me. If it's there fine, but I don't like how most lawn industry software apps hinge upon the scheduling portion, and all entry revolves around the scheduling.

My main needs are client data specifics (lots of it!!) and being able to add "tags" and specific details, to sort that data in a way that I can analyze and show reports for different applications and treatments etc. Then take that info and turn it into a work completed data entry while on the job site on the iPad, and take that data entry and put it to an excel spreadsheet and take it directly into Quickbooks in an IFF import. (all Mac, btw)

Is this something or similar that you guy are working on? Are you an individual lawn guy, or a computer geek selling your ideas on every forum you can find?

Do you have a price point in mind? Will it be a FileMaker pro file from a server or something I purchase and can edit.

Jeff
Happened to do a search on Filemaker and came across this post.

We are a 24 year old company with 4 different divisions. Scheduling is one of our biggest pain points in the office, as well as a more robust CRM/marketing arm integrated into our software.

CRM - "customer relationship manager". To many details to list here, google CRM and you will get the gist.

Iím far from a tech person but we couldnít find any off the shelf software options that got us to more than 80% of what we wanted. Our office had demos with 6 software companies and ultimately decided to hire a development group to design our own proprietary software - using Filemaker Pro as the "base" of the system.

The initial build out of the software will be slightly more expensive then off the shelf - the ongoing maintenance fees will be considerably less per year.