Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-05-2013, 09:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
running lean makes sense. how do I adjust it? I assume there's an adjustment acre like all other carbs?
It takes a special tool and they put covers over the adjustments so you can't adjust it. Let the dealer mess with it
Old 05-05-2013, 09:30 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

took it there once they said it was the way it was designed. to it there and told them the plug was white and they said drop it off on Monday. I don't like being without it though. if its just tweaking an adjustment screw in can do that without being without it.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
It takes a special tool and they put covers over the adjustments so you can't adjust it. Let the dealer mess with it
sucks for me. what is there reason for not wanting purple to be able to adjust it themselves?
Old 05-05-2013, 09:35 AM
LawnSite Member

heating a small eyeglass screw driver tip red hot with a lighter and sticking it through the little black plug in the side of the carb and turning the screw about 1/8 to 1/4 turn clockwise will fix it, but that's illegal to do and I would never recommend that. I have heard some people do that. ;-)
Old 05-05-2013, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankee View Post
heating a small eyeglass screw driver tip red hot with a lighter and sticking it through the little black plug in the side of the carb and turning the screw about 1/8 to 1/4 turn clockwise will fix it, but that's illegal to do and I would never recommend that. I have heard some people do that. ;-)
that sounds like an interesting idea to ponder about but I would never do such a horrible thing. I am to eco friendly
Old 05-05-2013, 10:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Figuring a way around the deterrents is easy enough. Determining if the piston and cylinder are already getting scored from lack of lube is another. Since you ran it lean (and your dealer sucks) I'd rather have the dealer violate the "hidden screws". When a dealer tells me they're supposed to burn white, or be hard to start, I'd be looking for another dealer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-05-2013, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassGuerilla View Post
Figuring a way around the deterrents is easy enough. Determining if the piston and cylinder are already getting scored from lack of lube is another. Since you ran it lean (and your dealer sucks) I'd rather have the dealer violate the "hidden screws". When a dealer tells me they're supposed to burn white, or be hard to start, I'd be looking for another dealer.
Posted via Mobile Device
I asked the main guy at my dealer if my trimmer was adjustable he nodded his head up and down and said no haha. He then told me he would do free carb adjustments for life.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-05-2013, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

running my business itself is illegal. so I'm not so worried about it. but I'll let the dealer worry about it. but I'll say this. if they give it back and I have to let it warm up at all I'll never buy from then again