Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-05-2013, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Member

I too have used everything under the sun that is rated comercial and I have found to my taste that Redmax is by far the best. Though I have been for some reason buying a few pieces of Tanaka stuff, and I have to say their not bad either, but the jury still out on tanaka stuff.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Im gonna have to disagree with these guys i have all redmax equipment weedwacker, hedge trimmer, edger and blower all bought brand new. There all garbage besides the blowers. I have to take the hedge trimmer and wacker to get the carb adjusted once month which always happens at the worst times. It may be the climate in my area because my dealer said its happening to alot of other people. All i know is ill never buy anything from redmax and i got to talk to a rep one day and tell him how terrible everything is.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-06-2013, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

i have had nothing but great service from every redmax peice i have . cant same the same for sthil and echo
Old 05-06-2013, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I do like the Redmax stuff. Had some trouble with one trimmer. Bad coil, carb trouble, vibrates a lot. But overall they're tough to beat. Great power to weight. VERY fuel efficient trimmers. Unfortunately they haven't changed or evolved much since Husky bought them.

Their strato technology has saved the 2-stroke. Nearly every manufacturer has licensed (including Stihl).
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-06-2013, 09:20 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Love my 2301 trimmer. My edger (don't recall model, but its the big one) almost seems like a walk behind that you can carry, gobs of power. Going to buy a 2400 series trimmer soon to have something with a little more power for trimming overgrown stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device