Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-04-2014, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Seven Springs, I initially thought I wanted a 36' but ended up going with a 48' ZTR and I couldn't be happier, especially since I have some acre+ lots. There are plenty of yards to be cut that have gates big enough to fit a 48' mower through. If I get a call I always ask if they have a gate or not, how big it is, and if it's too small I simply tell them I can't do it. Having only one mower allows me to keep costs down and to run a more efficient business. I have less weight, on a smaller trailer, towed by a smaller truck, and I can do the whole yard with one mower. I spent three years in high school working for my neighbor who was a very successful landscaper and he did all 80 of his accounts with a 60in Dixie Chopper. He had a 36in Snapper Pro WB that sat on the trailer and just took up space. All your hand tools look solid.

Now if you plan on staying entirely residential and all of the residential yards in your area are small, I would consider a 36 stander from Gravely or Wright, however on a larger lot the 48 is going to be much more productive.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-06-2014, 12:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey seven I'm not too far from you in mableton, I just started this year as well we need to stay in touch we can learn from one another
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-12-2014, 02:54 AM
LawnSite Member

You can never have too many friends! I am going to reach out to a local pizza place and see if we can work out a deal to have some flyers sent out with every pizza they deliver. Small businesses should work together whenever possible.