Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-14-2013, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Member

The Basics

Hey guys! I normally don't travel this far down the forum but I have a couple customers that are changing that. I run a Landscaping company but have been asked several times to clean the side of a clients house. Basically all I have ever used is a backpack sprayer mixed with Water/Bleach as a coating and then went over it with a 3000 psi pressure washer. I was wondering what would be some good mixing ingredients (English, I have read other forums..lol) and would it be more beneficial to spray the coating on with the pressure washer then go back for a rinse?

Thanks
Old 05-19-2013, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well since none of the pros have gotten back to you yet I'll try and give my opinion. I'm a scaper like you who only does a few jobs a year. For this amount of work I would say what you are doing is fine. I tried using krud cutter for $12 because it's supposed to be good for running through the washer as opposed to bleach being corrosive, and it worked good but I had to scrub a little before rinsing off.

Then I said why am I doing this when bleach and water practically melts it off before I even finish spraying? My washer has the injector after the pump so I could use bleach to spray through it but it can still corrode it but I use it anyway. Also if it's not a huge area I'll use a pump up sprayer that is meant for spraying bleach and spray it and rinse off. I only use a 1 to 1 mix of bleach water and some dawn or Palmolive and it works good. I know the pros use special mixes but if your not doing several jobs at a time I figure bleach and water is okay. Hope this helps.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Member

From what I have read most use bleach and water with some other chemicals in another language. I was never good at Chemistry..lol

Thanks