Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-13-2014, 09:48 PM
sprayboy sprayboy is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 652
Junk Lesco Nozzles

Over the last couple years the Lesco nozzles for the chemlawn gun are nothing but junk.

If they aren't cracked between the holes when you get them all you have to do is touch the damn thing on the end and it cracks.

The pattern sucks.

Am lucky to get 1 good one out of 3 ordered.

They are made so thin that a higher pressure would probably blow the whole end out of it.

Anyone else having this problem?
__________________
There is a jerk in every crowd.

Terry
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-13-2014, 10:03 PM
ted putnam's Avatar
ted putnam ted putnam is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprayboy View Post
Over the last couple years the Lesco nozzles for the chemlawn gun are nothing but junk.

If they aren't cracked between the holes when you get them all you have to do is touch the damn thing on the end and it cracks.

The pattern sucks.

Am lucky to get 1 good one out of 3 ordered.

They are made so thin that a higher pressure would probably blow the whole end out of it.

Anyone else having this problem?
Yep. Lesco bought the rights to the Chemlawn gun. John Deere of course bought out Lesco and started having the tips made as cheaply as possible in China(The price never went down though). They got the curvature of the spray surface wrong with the mold. That's why the pattern sucks. A couple of years ago, I started ordering them from Westheffer(I believe the tips they sell are still American made)...Problem solved
__________________
"The Poor Fish" circa 1930's: The Poor Fish wouldn't have been caught if he'd known enough to keep his fool mouth shut.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-13-2014, 10:06 PM
sprayboy sprayboy is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 652
Ted,
That is where I get mine from.
__________________
There is a jerk in every crowd.

Terry
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-13-2014, 10:25 PM
ted putnam's Avatar
ted putnam ted putnam is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,153
Hmmm... well, I can't explain then. I was having trouble with the ones I bought from the Lesco/JDL branch and someone told me about getting them from Westheffer. I made a couple of orders with them at the time(2 yrs ago or so and I ended up with 8 or 10 of them brand new in a parts drawer I have for spray guns. I haven't purchased any for a while now... because these actually last.

I've got 3 of them I can let go, new in the bag, guaranteed quality, today and today only, yours for the low, low price of $45 each.

Just kidding.

I guess I'll be screwed when I run out...
__________________
"The Poor Fish" circa 1930's: The Poor Fish wouldn't have been caught if he'd known enough to keep his fool mouth shut.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-13-2014, 11:27 PM
jad004's Avatar
jad004 jad004 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: N.E. Arkansas
Posts: 235
I use the GNC Industry tips. They have a metal insert in them for the pattern. I go through more guns than tips. www.gnci.org
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-14-2014, 06:24 AM
sprayboy sprayboy is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
Hmmm... well, I can't explain then. I was having trouble with the ones I bought from the Lesco/JDL branch and someone told me about getting them from Westheffer. I made a couple of orders with them at the time(2 yrs ago or so and I ended up with 8 or 10 of them brand new in a parts drawer I have for spray guns. I haven't purchased any for a while now... because these actually last.

I've got 3 of them I can let go, new in the bag, guaranteed quality, today and today only, yours for the low, low price of $45 each.

Just kidding.

I guess I'll be screwed when I run out...
Ya, you better hang on to them.

You got lucky then and have the good ones.
__________________
There is a jerk in every crowd.

Terry
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-14-2014, 06:25 AM
sprayboy sprayboy is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad004 View Post
I use the GNC Industry tips. They have a metal insert in them for the pattern. I go through more guns than tips. www.gnci.org
Got my order in a couple days ago, should be here today, maybe.
__________________
There is a jerk in every crowd.

Terry
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:42 AM.

Page generated in 0.07914 seconds with 9 queries