Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-25-2013, 12:35 AM
LawnSite Member

How much should i charge for this land clearing job??!

F4rm3rj03 brings up a very good point that I feel way too many contractors overlook as well. It's been pretty eye opening for me to see how sensitive some species can be to equipment moving around them (soil compaction). I know a lot of contractors don't know and may not care but compaction is definitely an issue with this kind of job. Educate yourself as well as the customer and I feel you will be ahead in the long run.

Have you considered a CTL or excavator mounted mulcher? Or is it imperative that debris be hauled off site?
Old 06-25-2013, 08:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rppaving View Post
Whats up everyone, I just got a call for a land clearing job, I went out to take a look at it and there are TWO areas, each approximately 60 ft x 250 feet, that basically look like a forest, highly overgrown area. There are some very big trees in there, but he said he doesnt want those taken down, only medium, small trees, and all the bushes and shrubbery in there as well.

I need an ESTIMATE price per hour on what to charge the guy, he wants everything hauled away, and in everyones opinion, will you all recommend me renting an excavator, bobcat, dozer??

So far im thinking $150/hr...hows that look to everyone?
Posted via Mobile Device
60x250 is a pretty good size i did one that 40x120 for 3000 and that is cheap around here. also did it by hand, but i owned the chipper and dump truck, just had labor and a little bit of diesel and gas for my expenses. if you have two areas that size tell the guy 8500 and do it by hand so nothing gets compacted, chainsaws and a chipper. no compaction, no ruining trees a few years down the road, happy customer.