Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-18-2014, 01:23 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardC View Post
after a discussion in another thread regarding paper records vs online, i opted to try yardbook out. about a month into it now, and i love it, and have had good response from my customers as well. after this season, i think i'll totally ditch the paper records. emailing invoices to my customers is much easier and professional than leaving a bill on the door, or in the mailbox, etc. for those that prefer, i can still print out an invoice and either mail it or hand it to them.

i havent even looked into the scheduling parts, or the CC processing, but i dont see how i wont like those either.

thanks for offering this up for free, and also for the super quick responses when i email with questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360lawncare View Post
It really is a great program! My customers all love the ease of paying online.. Just like one customer said.. Bout time the lawn guy gets with the modern age.. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperscrow View Post
I'm loving Yardbook too! I just need to transfer all the info to my computer just in case something were to happen, because I'd be lost without it at this point.
Thanks everyone for all the nice comments!

Glad you are enjoying Yardbook and we are grateful for all your support.

Mark

Watch the Introduction Video (1 min)
Try Yardbook as a Guest User (no signup required)

Contact us: support@yardbook.com
Old 06-20-2014, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Member

I'm liking it alot. Customers love the email billing. Mark (the developer) is very responsive to suggestions. I think I've had 4 or 5 implemented so far and very quickly.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a new desktop with Windows 8.1, and now I have no idea how to print invoices. Very frustrating. I hit print, and it gives me an option to save/open/cancel. Then when I hit open it gives me a list of things to choose from to open file with, and none of them work. Anyone know what I need to do? Thanks.
Old 06-21-2014, 04:56 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperscrow View Post
I have a new desktop with Windows 8.1, and now I have no idea how to print invoices. Very frustrating. I hit print, and it gives me an option to save/open/cancel. Then when I hit open it gives me a list of things to choose from to open file with, and none of them work. Anyone know what I need to do? Thanks.
Hi Jeeperscrow,

Yardbook generates a PDF file when you try to print an invoice. Some of the newer browsers have built-in support for PDFs. But if your machine does not have it, you can download an Adobe PDF Reader from here:

http://get.adobe.com/reader/

Thanks,
Mark

Old 06-24-2014, 01:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardbook View Post
Hi Jeeperscrow,

Yardbook generates a PDF file when you try to print an invoice. Some of the newer browsers have built-in support for PDFs. But if your machine does not have it, you can download an Adobe PDF Reader from here:

http://get.adobe.com/reader/

Thanks,
Mark
That did the trick Mark! Thanks so much for Yardbook...it has become a HUGE part of my business. I print out my daily list of activities almost every single day, and I just love it!
Old 06-25-2014, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Member

I signed up and I'm going to give it a shot. I have been scheduling in Google Calender, keeping up with the money in Quickbooks, and using Paypal to accept online payments. It will be nice to be able to do it all in one place. I was reading "Getting Started 101" and of the different ways to use it, I think the best for me would be to only create new invoices as I go. I am a small part-time operation with only around 20 total customers. I don't see the need to create jobs when all I'm doing is mowing.

Any reason it should be more complicated than that? I basically just want to keep up with who I cut and when, show when payment is collected, see who owes me money, and my expenses.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:48 AM
LawnSite Member

I've signed up for a yardbook account. it seems like exactly what I will need for the most part but i'm still not sure about using it without the payment processing option. Hopefully yardbook will have this option available soon. Perhaps yardbook could chime in with more info about when it will be released, more details about the payment vendor chosen, and how client payments can be made with this system once it's in place.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-25-2014, 10:25 AM
LawnSite Member

I believe people are using it. I'm goin to request to be added to the beta testing for it. Until it's set up I have to continue with PayPal.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-25-2014, 11:30 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoGuyswithMowers View Post
I believe people are using it. I'm goin to request to be added to the beta testing for it. Until it's set up I have to continue with PayPal.
Posted via Mobile Device

You are right. The payment processing feature is currently in beta and available upon request.

Please send an email to support@yardbook.com with your log-in email address and we'll enable it for your account and send you more details.

Mark